Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The part time Advanced Nurse Practitioner must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with emotionally and behaviorally disturbed children/youth and their families as well as collaboratively with the Treatment Team. Knowledge/familiarity of Trauma Responsive Care practices, Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACES), and the Attachment, Regulation and Competency (ARC) model is preferred. They must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. They are required to hold a valid Alaska Driver’s license. Verification of degree and a copy of the part time Advanced Nurse Practitioner license and endorsements/certifications is required. The part time Advanced Nurse Practitioner is also required to demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity to serving a culturally diverse/and or special needs population.
Education and experience:
1. Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Alaska, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner preferred.
2. Current certification by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
3. Basic Life Support (BLS) and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certification is required.
4.Current and valid license endorsement issued (including a DEA registration number) by the State of Alaska Board of Nursing authorizing the part time Advanced Nurse Practitioner to prescribe legend drugs, control medications, and Behavioral Health Medication Management and Assessment skills.
5. Experience working with SED youth in a trauma responsive environment.
6. Have certification in psychiatric care, or comparable experience.
Click Here To Apply