Title: Medical Office Administrator – Chino & Brea
Contact: Advantes Speech Clinic Inc, Chino, CA 91710 USA
Compensation: $13-$15 Hourly
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental (for Full-Time, after standard waiting period)
Employment Type: Full-Time -or- Part-Time
Why Work Here?
“Gain valuable experience, working in a caring, intimate, medical/therapy, clinic environment with other healthcare professionals.”
Advantes Speech Clinic, Inc is a private medical therapy practice specializing in pediatric speech therapy at our facilities in Chino, CA and Brea, CA.
We are looking for a Medical Front Office Receptionist, who is a College Graduate, or is graduating soon, and who is looking for experience in a medical/therapy private practice. Optionally, you may be bilingual in Spanish (or another language, or English only).
We are really interested in Pre-Medical or Pre-Dental or other pre-professional College Graduates who are on their “gap year” and will be applying for medical school or graduate school, and would like to learn the ins-and-outs of running a private practice in the future. Graduate school is an intense, but ultimately rewarding experience. Before diving into that pressure cooker, we encourage you to take advantage of your gap year and experience the real world of a private practice in the healthcare field, and the practicalities of running a smoothly operating healthcare clinic. If this sounds like you, please apply by submitting your resume. The information you will learn from this position is usually not taught in a graduate-level class and will be essential if you are considering a private practice experience in your future.
This position is preferably Full-Time or Part-Time, depending on your availability, in the city of Chino, and occasionally Brea, CA. This position also requires working occasional SATURDAYS, 9am-2pm. Company training for this position is provided for you during your first two (2) weeks of experience. Compensation starts at $13.00 an hour with a pay raise at the end-of-the-year, based on how well you are able to perform in your position.
For the safety of our staff, patients, and families, in our clinic settings we are currently operating at the most stringent pandemic protocols, as dictated by County and State health authorities. In-patient volume now have set limits, so there are very low in-patient visits compared to pre-Covid volumes. Our in-person Covid-19 protocols are at or above industry standards, with mandatory masks (for everyone age 2 and older), temperature checks for all employees and visitors, hand sanitizers, face shields (if needed), gloves, full-gowns (upon request), social distancing, disinfection after every patient, bi-hourly wipe downs with anti-viral disinfectants by administrative staff, daily all-clinic disinfection protocols with anti-viral disinfectants, and requested patient waiting time inside patient vehicles or outside, instead of our waiting area. Any person or patient refusing to wear a mask (over 2 years old), must wait outside or in their vehicle.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but are not limited to)
– Schedules and confirms appointments, answers phone calls, checks in patients, collects payments, opens & closes the office.
– Places phone calls to verify insurance benefits, eligibility, claims, and/or payments of our patients.
– Monitors and processes patients’ authorization and progress reports
– Collects therapists working hours for payroll
– Performs all speech therapy admissions for data entry, inputs patient information into our medical practice management system (Office Ally EHR running on Apple MacOS)
– Demonstrates a desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks
– Completes work and documentation with accuracy
– Protects and honors client (and patient) and co-worker confidentiality
– Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and express ideas clearly
– Actively listens and always follows appropriate channels of communication
– Good team player, caring continence toward team members, patients, and clinical staff, considerate of other’s needs, able to help out when needed, whether called upon or not
– Maintains awareness and understanding of compliance with all local, State, Federal, and HIPAA regulations/standards, for a medical therapy clinic
– Maintains awareness and execution of clinic pandemic protocols as dictated by state and local health authorities for all employees, visitors, and patients to the clinic
– Insures all employees, visitors, and patients above age 2 are wearing a mask
– Checks temperatures for all employees, visitors, and patients irregardless of age
– Provides hand sanitizers, gloves, face shields, and optional gowns to employees, and upon request from patients and visitors
– Provides bi-hourly anti-viral wipe downs of common areas, and daily all-clinic disinfection protocols at the end of the work day
– Light cleaning and office maintenance, as needed
– College or University graduate OR a student about to graduate from a college or university
– Some office experience preferred, with stronger candidates having more office or clinical experience
– Dealing directly with patients/clients preferred, either within a medical or therapy clinic environment
– Flexible to changes in shift start time (earliest shift starts at 8:30am, regular shift starts at 9:00am)
– Flexible to work on Saturdays in Chino, CA (9:00am to early afternoon, 2:00pm)
– Flexible to changes in working locations: (either Brea or Chino, CA)
– 4 year college diploma (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent is required
– Up to date Computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Scanning, Faxing, Printing, and Organizing data files). We use Apple MacOS in our clinic.
– Ability to write and speak English proficiently
– Accurate data entry skills
– Organized, flexible, attention to detail, keep a clean & organized work space
– Excellent telephone skills, pleasant phone voice, and can handle customers or patients with care and agreed upon boundaries
– Ability to perform or learn basic clerical functions (typing, filing, mail, etc.)
– Reliable transportation is a MUST
– Professional demeanor
– On-time, honest, truthful, & trustworthy (these are fundamental)
– Ability to multi-task
– Diligent to tasks
This position is only for someone who is able to understand and follow instructions well, and is both diligent, efficient at their job, can remember different details, and is also RESPONSIBLE & CARING.
About Advantes Speech Clinic Inc
Advantes Speech Clinic Inc provides direct speech therapy services to a variety of populations and customers. We specialize in Pediatric Speech Therapy. For our infant/toddler (early intervention) to school-age children, we provide in-clinic and virtual speech therapy. For our public/private schools district clients & special cases, we offer both IEE (Independent Educational Evaluation) and in-person or virtual speech therapy services at our clinical sites, in the cities of Chino and Brea, CA.
Related keywords: medical receptionist, medical administrator, medical assistant
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All clinic staff will receive training in COVID-19 safety precautions, which includes:
the use of masks, gloves, face shields, social distancing, temperature monitoring, visual and written notifications, workplace disinfection, and surface disinfection.
- Multiple locations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply