Founded in 1991, NAPA Transportation, Inc. (NAPA) is a family owned & operated truckload carrier located in Mechanicsburg, PA. Ronald Accomando founded NAPA with just 4 trucks and a specific vision in mind. After spending years as a Driver himself, Ron envisioned a workplace where Drivers were treated with respect and not just known by their truck number. He wanted his company to be driver focused and have a family feel culture. Since then, Ron’s son, Nic has taken the wheel from his dad and now runs the day-to-day operation as the President. Through hard work and the determination to succeed, NAPA has continued to grow, year after year. Today, NAPA operates over 1900 pieces of company-owned equipment and proudly employee over 500 hardworking employees while continuing touphold our unique family culture.
The Director of Safety will lead and direct the safety program for NAPA Transportation, Inc. This position is responsible for managing the operational functions of the Safety Team, as well as developing and administering effective driver safety initiatives, metrics and reporting mechanisms; while ensuring compliance with all company, state and federal regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage & oversee Safety Team’s daily functions for optimal performance.
- Provide on-going communication and coaching to Drivers, along with Field Safety Representatives and when necessary, administer corrective action and performance improvement plans to Drivers, including documentation of issues and recommendations for continued improvement.
- Collaborate with Drivers, Field Safety Representatives and Operations to develop and implement safety programs to ensure compliance and industry-leading safety standards and initiatives, as well as promote a comprehensive culture of safety.
- Manage and ensure timely completion of ongoing safety initiatives including but not limited to: Driver of the Month, Driver of the Year, Monthly Safety Bonus, etc.
- Develop and recommend consistent strategies for the prevention of accidents and injuries.
- Provide effective and timely reporting mechanisms to monitor ongoing safety and compliance efforts.
- Investigate injuries and accidents and report in a timely manner, including on scene investigation to determine root cause(s) and preventative measures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure operation is 100% compliant at all times with all Local, State and Federal regulations & reporting, including remaining current with all regulations.
- Train, develop and coach Safety Team.
- Oversee new driver orientation to ensure all new drivers receive the appropriate training by ensuring learning outcomes are met.
- Act as the escalation point for safety related issue resolution.
- Refer any unresolved issues to CFO.
- Assist Facilities Manager in developing and maintaining safety improvements at all location.
- Performs other responsibilities as determined by business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10+ years of industry experience required. Prior supervisory experience required. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills with ability to coach, influence, motivate and support a high performing team.
- A high school diploma or GED required. Bachelors’ degree preferred or commensurate experience.
This role is based in Mechanicsburg, PA, relocation is provided.
NAPA proudly offers an innovative & dynamic culture, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement & much more!!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply