Zendesk is looking for a Director, CXS Engineering. The individual in this role will be an important part of our global leadership team and at the forefront of leading and scaling our CXS Engineering teams. Zendesk’s CXS Engineering teams support Business Applications Engineering, Integrations Engineering and engineering improvements to support the internal use of Zendesk Products. You’ll join at an exciting time where you’ll be instrumental in advancing the maturity and growth of our Customer Experience Engineering team. You and your team will support our fast growing portfolio of business solutions, enterprise iPaaS platform and internal extensions to Zendesk products.
Working with the VP of CX Systems and Engineering, you will provide leadership along with your technical expertise to guide our hardworking software and configuration engineers. The Director of CXS Engineering will work closely with IT leadership and business systems owners to ensure we provide an outstanding customer experience. The individual in this role will utilize Zendesk technologies and SaaS business solutions to provide a streamlined experience for our customers. Additionally, you will implement the latest SaaS & integration technologies to achieve project objectives.
What you get to do:
- Develop & execute a CXS Engineering strategy and plan, supporting Zendesk growth and scaling objectives.
- Recruit, onboard and develop Software Engineering professionals across the CX Engineering space.
- Work within Salesforce, Workato and the Zendesk internal technology stack, currently projected to increase approx 34% in 2021.
- Grow and mature the team so that they can undertake, support & deliver end-to-end engineering solutions.
- As the engine that drives business application solutions, work across the IT organization with IT service owners to align capacity, priorities and outputs with business enabling programs.
- Lead the adoption of Agile concepts across the CXS Engineering function.
- Develop relevant metrics, dashboards and processes to help Zendesk continue to become a data-driven organization.
- Maintain currency, expertise and competency of relevant products, policies, and methods for support delivery.
- Maintain a sense of humor while working in a fast-paced dynamic team.
What you bring to the role:
- Outstanding leadership skills with a proven track record of effectively managing and developing a diverse team of software engineers
- Experience leading SaaS business solutions and integration engineering teams, working hand in hand with SaaS system administrators and configuration specialists to produce end-to-end business enabling solutions.
- An in depth understanding of Agile methodology and how to apply these to a SaaS business applications engineering team.
- Experience building sophisticated real time integration solutions using IPaaS and AWS components.
- Experience supporting internal customers.
- Passionate about developing business solutions using cloud tools and continuously learning how to manage those tools in an enterprise environment.
- Natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make your team and customer’s lives better.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.
- Thoughtful decision making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives.
- Ability to lead the team to meet deliverables and drive work to completion within specified timelines.
- Work with colleagues & senior leaders to deliver ideas and solutions to many audiences including your team and C-Staff.
- 10+ years in software engineering, 6+ years in the management of solution development in SaaS business application frameworks (Salesforce or similar).
- 2+ years managing managers/Sr managers.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
Click Here To Apply