In keeping with our organization’s goal of improving the lives of the Guests we serve, the Cook position is responsible for providing nourishing food to Guests, and employees under sanitary conditions as directed and in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Cook will help to assure that the dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner by providing assistance in all dietary functions and providing supervision to all dietary aides.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide nutritional meals to guests, staff and visitors as directed.
2. Plans meals far enough ahead to minimize the need for food substitutions.
3. Works closely with facility dietitian to ensure meals meet nutritional needs of the guests. Makes changes to meal plans when necessary with approval from the Director of Dietary Services.
4. Ensures food supplies are appropriate and places orders when necessary.
5. Oversees food tray line to ensure trays are prepared according to diet cards in an efficient manner to meet scheduled meal and snack times.
6. Provide supervision to dietary aides as directed.
7. Assure that established sanitation policies and procedures are followed at all times in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
8. Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
9. Assure that work area is clean and free of hazardous conditions such as spills, excess carts, and etc.
10. Assure that equipment, tools and supplies are properly stored at all times.
11. Report all equipment malfunctions and breakdowns to the supervisor and keep the supervisor informed of supply needs.
12. Report all hazardous conditions and equipment along with any accidents/incidents to the Dietary Director.
13. Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
14. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
15. Attend and participate in meetings and in-services as directed or scheduled.
Oversees the production of the kitchen.
Illuminate HC provides equal employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, height, weight, Veteran status, marital status genetic information or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Click Here To Apply