Island Creek Associates, a professional services firm focused on Government customers, is seeking a Travel Clerk II to provide administrative services in support of the Commander, Naval Air Forces (CNAF) FRS & VX Squadron Administrative, Training, Operations, and Maintenance departments at Oak Harbor, WA.
The Travel Clerk II will:
- Plans itineraries and schedules travel accommodations for military and civilian personnel with dependents according to travel orders using knowledge of routes, types of carriers, and travel regulations.
- Verifies travel orders to ensure the costs, availability, and convenience of different types of carriers. In addition, verifies the selection is the most advantageous route and carrier.
- Notifies personnel of travel dates, baggage limits, medical and visa requirements, and determines that all clearances have been obtained prior to travel.
- Assists personnel in completing travel forms and other business transactions pertaining to travel.
- When scheduling travel accommodations it will usually involve the use of two or more modes of transportation.
- Will experience frequently recurrent travel for military and civilian personnel.
- Selects and apply appropriate travel guides, methods, techniques, and work sequences to effectively accomplish the work, within the required guidelines.
- Must review his or her work to ensure compliance within regulatory guidelines and program policies.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day, normally performed between 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. Evening or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Occasional travel may be required for job-related training attendance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The Travel Clerk II must have the following:
- Sufficient experience to satisfactorily accomplish the assigned tasks;
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.);
- Familiarity with the structure and operation of a military aviation squadron is desired; and
- Familiarly with one or more of the following systems/processes/functions is desired: Defense Travel System (DTS), Citibank Government Travel Credit Card Program, BUPERS On-line (BOL), PERSTEMPO/ITEMPO.
Required Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- This position is subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the Secret Level.
- Must have a current Secret Clearance.
- Ideal candidates will currently possess an Active DoD Secret Clearance, however, candidates with US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD clearance will be considered.
- Must be able to receive a Government Common Access Card (CAC), access Government systems, and receive a security clearance.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Island Creek Associates Overview:
- Island Creek is a Maryland-based, 8(a), woman-owned small business focused on providing professional services to the Department of Defense and other Government customers. We provide expertise in a variety of disciplines: facilities engineering and management, space planning, engineering and technical analysis support, research, and development consulting; and program management and administration. Headquartered out of the Patuxent River area, Island Creek has professionals located throughout Maryland, Virginia, and DC.
EO/Affirmative Action Statement:
- Island Creek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote the most qualified persons for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. Island Creek will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they choose to inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.
Click Here To Apply