Are you someone who values making a positive impact on the health and life of those in need? If so, Denver Health is looking for you! You are the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a collaborative environment with high quality resources and a leadership team committed to your success.
Under general supervision, is responsible for the ERS Tumor Registry System. Compiles and, maintains statistical diagnostic and treatment information on all cancer patients. Performs all of the functions of Denver Health’s Cancer Registry, including case finding, case coding and abstracting, follow-up, data entry, State and all other required data reporting, and Cancer Conference (Tumor Boards). Disseminates information in accordance with professional ethics and ensures confidential information integrity. Sends state reports once a month. Attends and prepares agenda for Tumor Conference once per week. Attend Cancer Committee once per month. Oversees the daily operation of the GHS Cancer Registry and ensures compliance with all requirements to achieve and maintain an accredited cancer program as set forth by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Supports preparation of annual reports, patient care evaluation studies, and calls for data as required. Creates special reports as requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Tumor Registry laws, regulations and procedures.
- Participate in training workshops, department and section meetings.
- Maintain current CE hours in order to maintain RHIA, RHIT, or CTR.
- Possess good computer keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and how to use it for email and calendar functions.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting coding guidelines and making subsequent coding decisions.
- Knowledgeable in researching coding related topics and issues.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate.
Two years of experience in a Cancer Registry field, specifically with data collection, and/or one year of medical coding experience preferred.
Active CTR credential required.
Main Campus and/or remote
Work Type: Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver’s 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado’s primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
“Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $34.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CTR credential (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Click Here To Apply