Are you an experienced nurse leader ready for the next step in your career? Do you lead by example and are you capable of developing self-directed teams? Are you able to compassionately and confidently address the needs of those for whom we care? If so, Iroquois Skilled Nursing Community is looking for you!
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing to join our team.
Iroquois is a premier healthcare provider in Central New York. We are a 160 bed long-term and rehabilitation skilled nursing facility. Our professional staff provides superior quality of care and clinical excellence to residents in Central New York.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a long term care setting, top notch clinical skills, and be an innovative, professional nurse that is eager to share best practices.
The ADON will assist the Director of Nursing in directing and supervising nursing personnel concerned with resident care, and ensure compliance with all federal, state and facility regulations, policies and procedures.
- Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assumes responsibilities of DON in her/his absence under the direction of the Administrator
- Shares “on call” responsibilities
- Assists with MDS coordination
- Assists in the development and implementation of new and/or revised nursing procedures
- Works with administration and the department management to identify and resolve departmental deficiencies with implemented corrections plans.
- Identifies and addresses quality assurance issues
- Makes daily rounds
- Completes care plans as needed
- Complete nursing assessments
- Aids in the coordination of nursing services programs within the department and in collaboration with other departments
- Writes and facilitates the update, development or revision of nursing policies and procedures
- Serves as a resource for nursing care
- Serves on facility committees as assigned
- Ensures that nursing services staffing needs and schedules are met
- Works in collaboration with HR to recruit and select new candidates
- Participates in onboarding of new employees
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines nursing staff as necessary
Assists in the development, supervision and monitoring of the facility Quality Assurance Program, ensuring compliance
Works closely with the interdisciplinary care team to oversee and implement the plan of care for our residents
Performs additional duties as needed to fulfill the needs of the department or facility
- Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Previous geriatric, long-term care nursing experience is beneficial
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Experienced in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and SigmaCare preferred.
Iroquois Skilled Nursing Community offers excellent benefits including low cost medical, dental, vision, free urgent care services, free life insurance, 401(k) with company match, liberal paid time off, tuition assistance, annual salary increases based on performance, weekly paycheck, support staff with on-going training and career opportunities, safe free parking and much more!
Iroquois Nursing Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online today at www.iroquoisnh.org
We believe that success is achieved when we value or staff as our number one asset and provide the best possible care to our residents. Come join the premier Nursing Home in CNY and make a difference!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- long term health care: 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN license (Required)
- CPR/BLS (Required)
- One location
- Not listed / Other
Click Here To Apply