Ready to jumpstart your IT career while doing an amazing job for our clients each and every day?
We’re a small but growing company that is focused on being the best Managed IT Service Provider in the Pittsburgh area. Our team needs the right person to help take us to the next level. We’re looking forward to adding a great new member to our team and thanks in advance for considering coming to work for us.
Houk Consulting is a full-service strategic IT partner whose focus is providing industry-leading Managed IT Services, Cloud Solutions, IT Consulting & Cyber Security services to organizations with complex IT needs.
Simply put, we make technology work. We help our clients harness the power of technology to change stories. But it’s not just what we do, it’s also in our DNA.
If you want to break out of the traditional mold and experience a refreshing environment, come along for the ride. We’re always looking for the right people to join our team and help us achieve our goals.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Thirsty for Knowledge: Technology is always changing, and so must we. Our clients have questions, and it’s important that we give them great answers! We want you to be a guru of all things technology.
- Honesty: We want the truth, and to hear it from you straight without all of the sugar coating. That’s what you’ll get from us, and we expect the same in return.
- Hard Working: We’re a company that’s growing, changing, and pushing the envelope every single day. We’re going to expect you to work hard and focus on moving yourself forward. It’ll be worth it. We promise.
- A Team Player: We’re a team. We want you to be an integral part of it. This means we need you to help us and we’ll help you so we all improve.
- A Project Whisperer: Completing projects comprehensively, quickly, and under budget is just another day on the job. Clients love to keep efficient timelines and it excites you to be able to help from start to finish.
- An Excellent Communicator: Our clients see our team as an extension of their own, and we need you to be able to talk to them on their terms and have them not only understand you but hang on to your every word and follow your lead.
So what will I be doing every day?
Do you have experience explaining IT to the layman? Do you have an expert’s attention for the technical details? Are you a whiz at solving complicated IT issues and being everyone’s hero? We have the job for you.
Our Service Desk Consultants/Field Technicians make the world of Houk Consulting go around. They’re the first line of support for our clients, and they’ve got one of the most important roles in the company. As Service Desk Consultant & Field Technician at Houk, you’ll provide:
- Project and Onsite Visits: A large portion of this position is completing projects for clients. No day will be the same, as you’ll find yourself solving complex problems with new technologies. You’ll get really good at delivering on these projects and will likely figure out a way to make them easier.
- Supporting Client IT Environments: You’ll be fixing and training and troubleshooting and helping with all the IT needs our clients have, both remotely and onsite. This includes both reactive helpdesk work and onsite installation of equipment.
- Customer/Client Service: This position is highly interactive with our clients and requires a great and friendly attitude. You’ll be responsible for dealing with all different types of people and organizations with varying knowledge levels regarding technology.
- Identifying the Big Picture Issues: The reason we’re in business is to keep our client’s IT systems optimized and supported, and to prevent their systems from blowing up. Your job will be to always stay one step ahead – providing a reliable, predictable IT environment to keep our clients happy and eliminate problems for good.
What are the requirements for this position?
Our hiring process is focused on your abilities, not your experience. If you think you’d be great at this job, please apply. The worst we can say is no.
- This is an entry to mid-level position for candidates with either a technical degree, relevant bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience.
- Prior IT support experience in either field service, help desk, or network administration positions is helpful.
- Having prior customer service positions is helpful.
- Having prior experience at an MSP is helpful.
- Relevant hardware, software, and technology vendor certifications like CompTIA, Fortinet NSE, and Microsoft are a plus.
- Active Directory administration skills are required.
- Office 365 administration skills are required.
- Understanding of networking used in small businesses is required.
- Experience with using and supporting Windows and macOS operating systems is required.
- Experience with cloud-based, business-grade applications and productivity platforms, including Azure, is preferred.
- Have a fundamental understanding of a wide array of technologies. At a minimum, you will be asked to work with the following technologies: Traditional and Azure Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RAID, Routers, VLAN’s, SSL VPN, IPSEC VPN’s, Group Policy, Azure, AWS, Office 365, SMTP, RDP, and a wide array of data backup software and hardware.
What do I get for my hard work?
- Money – The salary range for this position is competitive depending on experience.
- Paid Holidays – You will receive 6 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. They are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Additional PTO – You get 13 additional paid personal days off per year — you can use them if you’re sick or for a vacation.
- Medical – We pay 100% for an individual’s medical insurance.
- Retirement – We match dollar per dollar for up to the first 3% of your salary.
- Cellphone Reimbursement – A portion of your cell phone bill is automatically covered for you.
- Health & Wellness Incentive – Gym memberships & other fitness activities are reimbursable.
- Certifications, Training Materials, & Books – Any educational material in any way related to work can be reimbursed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
Company’s Facebook page:
Click Here To Apply