OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Conducts marketing campaigns to acquire, convert, and retain enrolled Medicare and commercial patients, and conducts marketing events to increase awareness of Optum to retain and build the company’s patient base and achieve measurable results for overall business and superior medical outcome objectives.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Assists in the development and execution of regional and site-based marketing plans targeted to senior and/or commercial markets.
- Plans, coordinates and participates in telephone and mail campaigns, health fairs, open enrollments, community-based activities, site-based events, and other field marketing activities/events; at times, these events can take place on weekends or holidays.
- Collaborates with Regional and Site Accountable Teams to identify and develop new programs to improve marketing efficiencies, to support business development, and help achieve clinical outcome objectives.
- Collects and forwards leads to the appropriate parties and inputs leads into the designated tracking and monitoring systems, supports in the follow-up of “hot leads” whenever necessary.
- Monitors and measures the results of campaigns and events lead generation process, business and clinical outcome objectives, and decision support tools metrics.
- Maintains good collaborative working relationships with Optum site administrators, Regional Accountable Teams (RATs), health plan sales and marketing, employer groups, community centers, affiliated hospitals, vendors and other Marketing and Communication staff on multi-disciplinary teams
- Makes presentations to groups of various sizes to increase company awareness.
- Updates data in the various departmental tracking systems, decision support systems, and other reporting mechanisms in a timely manner and reviews the Events Calendar on a regular basis in department staff meetings.
- Documents contacts with entities and organizations in the Activity Log in a timely manner and maintains the contact database in accordance with policy.
- Stays well informed about all Optum internal service changes to ensure accurate promotion to all key customers.
- Stays well informed about the healthcare industry in the Southern California market including health plans and hospitals, Medicare programs, and the senior and multi-cultural populations.
- Assists in the development or revisions of marketing promotional materials and selection of giveaways.
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of marketing supplies inventory for the assigned region(s).
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Over 5 years and up to and including 7 years of experience.
- 2 years customer service, marketing or sales experience closing new and renewal business
- Experience in conducting promotional/sales events.
- Healthcare industry experience in a provider or payor setting.
- Experience in marketing and sales support in closing new and renewal business.
- Experience with senior and multi-cultural populations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Skilled in computer usage including knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel), Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Goldmine.
- Must be highly knowledgeable of assigned region(s) and targeted Medicare and commercial products.
- Must have a vehicle with proof of insurance for frequent driving around designated area.
- Knowledge of managed care and fee-for-service health care markets.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrated track record in developing productive business relationships.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Service-oriented and culturally sensitive.
- Creative, hands-on, team player.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Chinese (verbal and written) preferred.
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (Ie, entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar Optum-approved symptom screener. When in an Optum building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Click Here To Apply