The Surgery Center of Chevy Chase
Is a busy multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center with four (4) Operating Rooms and two (2) Treatment Rooms located in the heart of Chevy Chase, Maryland. The surgery center is predominately orthopedic and pain management centric though other surgical specialties apply as well. Seeking an experienced scrub tech.
- Consistently perform scrub duties with efficiency, and all standards of practice.
- Assists with cleaning the room, furniture, and equipment according to prescribed procedures between cases. Wipes down equipment at the end of each day.
- Assists with picking cases and room setup for each day.
- Anticipates surgeons’ needs for instrumentation, sutures, sponges and supplies according to technique, procedure and special requirements.
- Adheres to OR standards on traffic flow, dress code, disinfection and sterilization, asceptic technique, as well as safety standards on medication labeling, counts etc. in order to assure a safe environment for the patient as well as other team members in the room.
- Develops/maintains professional rapport with surgeons, anesthesia team and teammates.
- Performs additional functions as assigned by Clinical Manger or Charge Nurse.
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an approved technologist program or previous technologist experience of at least two (2) years with one (1) in an Orthopedics/Spine service.
- Current certification as surgical technologist (CST) preferred.
- Current BLS certification
- Fast paced ASC environment
- Frequent pushing of equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, related to the nature of the role
- Frequent bending, twisting, kneeling, standing, pushing, pulling and lifting of patients and equipment
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: 10 or 8 Hour Shift
Pay Range: Commensurate with years of experience
$25 – $35
Pay Range: Medical, Dental Vision, Life, 401K, STD, LTD, Cancer, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment available.
The Surgery Center of Chevy Chase is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All patients are required to present a negative COVID-19 Test Result. All staff are in the process of attaining their COVID-19 Vaccination(s).
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply