Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents , ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Catalent is looking to recruit a Packaging Technician to join our growing team in San Diego, CA.
The Packaging Technician will work in a team environment to offer quality packaging and labelling of customer’s clinical trials. Employees will be involved with handling look-alike products and labelling. Clinical operations can be run as a blister fill, bottle fill, pouch, carding, vial/syringe inspection or hand assembly. Employees will also be involved with de-inking of product and capsule manufacturing. Packaging Technicians must be detail oriented in order to work with multiple look-alike products at the same time.
The Packaging Technician role is critical to our patients. This is a key role to ensure that quality drug products reach patients safely and efficiently. Quality, safety and on-time delivery is a must to be successful in this role!
- Inspect blister cavities for missing product, burned product, holes in foil, print registration, missing print, crushed blisters, and seal integrity
- Fill tablet, bottle, desiccant, and closure hoppers; Hand count product using counting trays
- Manufacturing responsibilities include de-inking product, tablet breaking, product placement into oversized capsules, and capsule inspection
- Inspect bottles for misaligned closures, print registration, and missing print copy
- Inspect seal integrity of pouch, print registration, and missing print copy
- Inspect blister units and place them into properly assigned card locations for multi-fill operations
- Responsible for cleaning machine equipment and production rooms as stated in cleaning SOP’s; Fill in all appropriate information in the cleaning logbooks
- Responsible for cleaning product contact parts
- When working on look-alike products you are only allowed to work with your assigned product; Multi-fill projects require that employees do not touch or help out other employees that are assigned different products
- Responsible for cleaning production rooms with three bucket sponge mop cleaning system which includes ceilings, walls, and floors
- All clinical labels must be inspected and require a 100% accountability; Clinical labels can be either manually or automatically applied
- Sealed clinical cards must be inspected for missing copy, poor seal, smudges and dirt, misalign blister units, and burned product
- Inspection required for vials, ampoules, and syringes utilizing black and white light boxes
- Cold storage packaging will also be required working with cold product both outside and inside refrigeration conditions
- Assembly work required which may include utilizing barcode scanning equipment and computers
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2-3 years previous production or warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand customer specifications, cGMP’s and SOP’s
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions in an accurate manner, and effectively communicate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems and report issues
- Physically able to perform duties which include cleaning and sanitation of rooms (mopping of walls, floors and ceilings, sanitation of machinery and equipment) and any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Must understand and follow all plant safety guidelines
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
- Cross functional exposure to other areas of Catalent
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off and generous paid holidays annually
About Catalent San Diego
Catalent San Diego, Inc. is a premier pharmaceutical chemistry development and manufacturing organization supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Catalent San Diego focuses on bringing client drug compounds from discovery to the clinic with services that include analytical development, pre-formulation testing, formulation development, GMP manufacturing and stability storage and testing. At Catalent San Diego, we recruit and develop exceptional individuals with a passion for science and determination to excel. We offer a technically challenging and stimulating environment and the opportunity to learn from the best. We provide a generous benefits package, on-site gym and fitness programs, team sports, activities and competitive compensation.
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
C atalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to [email protected] . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Click Here To Apply