Small Plaintiff firm looking for a skilled litigation paralegal. Responsibilities include drafting responses to discovery requests, propounding discovery to defendants, requesting and organizing medical records and billing, obtaining lien documentation from Medicare, Medicaid, health insurers, medical providers, etc., drafting letters, drafting pleadings, organizing paper and digital files.
The successful candidate will be able to provide assistance during all phases of the litigation process including conducting interviews, legal research, document filing, preparing attorney for depositions, and trial preparation. The candidate must be able to meet in person once weekly to obtain assignments, then work independently and without oversight / micro management to complete the assignments for return by the deadline.
- Draft letters, pleadings, and motions for filing with the court
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Aid attorney with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant medical information from a variety of sources
- Provide assistance with case settlements
- Proven 5-year(+) working experience as a litigation paralegal for either Plaintiff firm or Insurance Defense firm.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc
- Highly organised with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- typing skills
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise in Adobe, Word, and Excel
- Paralegal associates degree or other relevant certification
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
get vaccinated if you’re that worried about it.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Required)
- Paralegal: 4 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Click Here To Apply