Monday through Friday 2:00pm-10:30pm
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Monitor work of shift employees in a medical manufacturing and assembly environment: recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Set up and operate Assembly, Packaging, and Test equipment, per validated processes, to produce medical devices or sub-assemblies. Work with Quality Technician for start-up approval of assembly lines.
- Monitor and provide ongoing feedback regarding the daily performance of shift employees and help to ensure product conformance to customer specifications and scheduled delivery dates, while helping to monitor the quality, production, scrap, safety, cost and customer service for the shift.
- Train operators in proper work methods per specifications and work instructions.
- Regular attendance.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
- Set up, troubleshoot and resolve process/equipment problems. Monitor processes, policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, working conditions (safety, quality, productivity, and cost) and cost effectiveness.
- Work closely with customer service, quality, scheduling and various other departments to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications and delivery times.
- Post daily production, daily scrap, and monitor inventory of product used.
- Maintain lot traceability and perform line clearance and reconciliation, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the plastics industry, preferably assembly, and clean room/medical device assembly.
- Ability to understand and practice company and customer quality requirements.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of various assembly methods and secondary operations equipment. Knowledge of equipment setup, operating techniques, and troubleshooting.
- The ability to visualize and help design/develop tools, fixturing, processes to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Working knowledge of ISO, FDA, GMP, and OSHA standards.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; be a team player; and have the ability to develop a team atmosphere. Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Strong technical background.
- Well groomed to accommodate the need to work in a Clean Room environment.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Stand, walk, bend, squat, twist, reach or otherwise move frequently
- Occasional repetitive motion and grasping
- Occasional climbing to reach areas on machines or racks
- Lift, move or otherwise transfer up to 50 lbs. occasionally, >20 lbs. frequently
- Typically sits, grasps items or performs keyboarding for occasional operation of a computer
- Exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards which may require respiratory protection
Click Here To Apply