ROTATING WEEKENDS AND ON CALL REQUIRED.:
The Shift Lead provides personal care and Activities of Daily Living to residents of Capri Communities and leadership to other carestaff members. Residents may reside in RCAC, CBRF or Memory Care settings. Also provides first level of support and direction to caregiving staff members.
- Adheres to the written Resident Care Plan to:
- Assist RCAC/CBRF/Memory Care residents in maintaining their greatest independence with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and nutritional needs. Also provides assistance with preparing meals, laundry and maintaining a clean, safe physical environment.
- Assist residents with mobility and transfers.
- Assist residents with medical administration and maintains related reporting requirements.
- Observe and report resident’s condition and safety hazards to AL Care Manager, LPN or RN in a timely manner.
- Facilitates communication between shifts, and assures proper information is discussed.
- Assures staff is completing daily tasks and follows up accordingly with staff members that are not completing required duties.
- Assists with training caregivers on policy, procedures, skills, and documentation practices when directed by Executive Director, AL Care Manager, or RN, or when appropriate.
- Supports the care team in assisting or leading assigned activities, impromptu and scheduled.
- Perform delegated tasks as instructed by the Executive Director, or AL Care Manager RN
- Document and chart observations in an accurate, complete and timely manner. Notify Executive Director or AL Care Manager or RN of resident or staff complaints or issues; provide communication to the family or resident as directed.
- Perform acceptable standard healthcare practices while promoting resident’s emotional well-being and ability.
- Protect residents’ health information according to HIPPA policies and procedures and federal and state law and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of State Regulations and updates for DHS 83 and 89 (as appropriate for RCAC, CBRF and Memory Care communities).
- Attend all mandatory Lead meetings, staff meetings and/or in-service training opportunities.
- Apart of Manager-on-call rotation.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School education, plus:
o One year+ experience as a personal aide, Caregiver or equivalent life experience
o Certification of CNA or MA completion (preferred)
- All CBRF certifications completed required
- Participates on the manager on-call rotation
- Reliability and Flexibility in Scheduling – Demonstrates excellent attendance; must be able to work rotating holidays and every other weekend.
- Communication and Organizational Skills – Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with staff, residents and family members. Possesses efficient organizational skills necessary to prioritize and complete assigned tasks.
- Energy and Professionalism – Ability to demonstrate patience, understanding, tolerance and emotional/physical ability and experience to meet the daily needs of our residents.
- Government Compliance – Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with all building regulations and Department of Health and Family Services requirements. Maintains all training requirements as directed by DHS 83 and/or 89. Ensures that all fair housing standards are met at all times. Complies with OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, and any other reporting requirements
- Resident Satisfaction – Provides, promotes, and requires high-quality resident relations. Reviews and/or resolves complaints, and alerts Executive Director or RN Administrator of any unusual activities or problems.
- Quality, Safety, and Physical Condition – Administers care that meets or exceeds company safety and physical condition standards. Cooperates in maintaining safety and security of residents and employees. Ensures that residents and staff are informed about safety issues, regulations, and requirements necessary. Enforce compliance with regard to safety and health issues as well as appropriate food standards
Click Here To Apply