Position: RN Unit Manager
Reports to: Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Responsible for supervision of the delivery of care to residents. Assess resident needs, develop care plans, administer nursing care, evaluate nursing care, and supervise CNA’s and other personnel in the delivery of nursing care.
Work will be performed primarily indoors at one of our long-term healthcare facilities, throughout all areas, including in resident rooms, and on carpeted and/or tiled floors. Work will be performed there routinely around other co-workers, healthcare staff, residents, and guests. Due to the nature of facility’s business, worker may be exposed to occasional slippery floors, object on floors, chemicals, sharp objects, hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases, as well as high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Complete assessments of residents at admission and discharge.
- Supervise nursing staff assigned.
- Document services rendered to residents for billing purposes.
- Write admission notes or evaluate admission notes and chart additional essential information.
- Identify and prioritize primary nursing problems.
- Develop care plan addressing immediate nursing problems.
- Make daily rounds to monitor resident care and status or residents.
- Implement care plans for residents in compliance with physician’s orders.
- Implement established nursing policies and procedures, educating nursing support staff according to facility guidelines.
- Notify resident or legal representative of pending discharge twenty four (24) hours in advance.
- On date of discharge, chart complete discharge summary, to include discharge planning and referrals.
- Keep complete and accurate record of sign in/out sheets for staffing hours.
- Assign duties to LPN’s and nursing assistants, as directed.
- Work closely with the Director of Nursing in resolving grievances with nursing staff, family members, and residents.
- Promote favorable working conditions and relationships with the administration, medical staff, consultants, other departments, residents, family members, volunteers, agencies, and any other individual or group affiliated with the facility.
- Handle and report disciplinary action that requires immediate attention during your tour of duty in the absence of the Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing and Administrator.
- Review charting on a weekly basis for accuracy and completeness. Document in resident’s chart pertinent information about significant change in resident’s condition.
- Maintain a safe working environment, complying with infection control and body mechanic procedures.
- Respond to need for staffing shortages by arranging for replacement staff.
- Track infection control, exposure control, and resident care trends to provide proactive improvement. Identify areas of concern and offer recommendations and suggestions to the Director of Nursing.
- Inform Central Supply of any supplies that are needed.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with current state license.
- One (1) to three (3) years related experience; supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have a current/active CPR certification.
- Excellent technical, assessment and documentation skills.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with employees and vendors.
- Moderate physical activity:
- Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
- Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time.
- Sitting for more than one (1) hour at a time.
- Requires writing and/or computer work with repetitive typing and concentrating on computer screen and/or documents for more than one (1) hour at a time.
I understand this job description and its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as instructed and assigned. I also understand that the job functions may be altered from time to time, and that Management has the right to modify this job description at any time, without advance notice to me, except as required by law.
I further understand this description identifies the essential and primary duties and responsibilities of the job, and that it is not intended to detail or contain each and every duty inherent in this job.
By your signature below, you acknowledge your understanding that your employment is at will, and that nothing in this job description is intended to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied.
Below, I have noted any accommodations that I believe are necessary to enable me to perform the job duties. I have also noted below any job duties which I am unable to perform, with or without accommodation. I will immediately notify my supervisor if, at some time in the future, I need an accommodation and/or if I am no longer able to perform any of my job duties, with or without accommodation.
Click Here To Apply