About Sinai Chicago
Located on Chicago’s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Chicago is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Sinai Community Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The entities of Sinai Chicago collectively deliver a full range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative, community-based health, research and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
Substance Abuse Case Manager
The Case Manager provides culturally competent case management services for clients who are in need of substance abuse and/or mental health services. The Case Manager will provide individual and family support, coordinate the warm hand-off of clients, and assist in triaging client needs and arrange for appropriate services for outpatient substance abuse treatment. The role will also work within the Warm Hand-Off MAT Team. Provide case management in form of linkalge to MAT services, facilitate transportation and follow-up for individuals that are addicte to opioids.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Provide assessment of substance use disorders, administer screening tools, and work with patients to provide treatment linkage.
- Provides individual and family support.
- Provides therapeutic crisis intervention.
- Provides case management services.
- Provides client education and training in the areas of psychiatric illness, substance abuse, and treatment with Naloxone.
- Provides outreach (home visits, phone calls, letters) in accordance with agency/program guidelines.
- Provides direct services for 70% of work hours.
- Documents daily all services provided
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a BA or BS degree with a major in social services or a related field.
- At least one year experience in the mental field is preferred.
- Should have good verbal and written skills experience.
- Must be culturally competent.
- Two years experience in the substance abuse field is preferred.
- Availability to work some evenings and alternating weekends
If this describes you, then apply today for immediate consideration!
Sinai Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
Work within the Warm Hand-Off MAT team. Provide case management in form of linkage to MAT services, facilitate transportation and follow up for individuals that are addicted to opioids
Click Here To Apply