Sterling Provider Group
JOB TITLE: Physician Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Corbin Bunnage/DeVon Dahlke
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide urgent and non-urgent health care for individuals in the Urgent, Primary Care and Occupational Medicine practice setting commensurate with training and in accordance with the general policies and standards of practice, as established by the Sterling Provider Group. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, urgent care center with a multicultural patient population. Elicits detailed patient histories and conducts complete examinations. Establish and maintain a good working relationship with Sterling Medical investors as well as occupational medicine referral sources. Reaches diagnosis and initiates conservative therapies (when appropriate), diagnostic tests and referrals, etc., as well as counsels patient and family on health and disease.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Provide all medical care generally provided at an ambulatory care facility, on an outpatient basis and such pre-operative care in minor surgery normally performed on an outpatient basis.
2. Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and referrals. Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided by the Sterling MSO.
3. Evaluate patients, based on medical training and/or specialty, to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the performance of physical examinations, thereby, establishing a diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
4. Maintain high standard of medical practice and participate in the training development of the medical team. Assist in medical education of both the patients and clinic staff.
5. Facilitates the patient s transition within and between health care settings; refer and transfer patients for specialty care, provide follow-up care and discharge patients.
6. If applicable, provide the necessary back-up to the on-call physician, resident, emergency room personnel, etc. with regard to giving directions on an appropriate treatment plan. Additionally, perform rounds and other inpatient care for clinic patients hospitalized at institutions with which the clinic has an agreement for hospitalization of its patients.
7. As a member of the health care team, exemplify an example in attitude toward patients and staff, thereby, performing duties with respect, dignity, privacy, and modesty to the patients.
8. Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary. Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., as requested.
9. Fulfill required Continuing Education Credits in a timely manner commensurate those required to maintain state and board licensures. Attend professional conventions and seminars, participate in professional societies, and do all things reasonable, necessary and desirable to maintain and improve his/her professional skills
10. Document each on site/in office procedure, prescription, consultation and patient contact in patient’s chart within a 24-hour period.
11. Counsel patient regarding medical and other problems which might affect patient’s health and well-being.
12. Perform such clinical procedures for patient’s benefit which are within scope and skill of practitioner and which are economically feasible.
13. Prepare forms, letters, and examinations on behalf of patients for claims of disability, worker s compensation, injuries and illnesses, etc.
14. Participate and cooperate in all reasonable efforts with the clinic to apply for and secure public or private grants, contracts, donations, and all customary and desirable accreditations, licensing and permits.
15. Provide direction and leadership to the clinic’s medical support staff, with regard to the administering of a patient’s care.
16. Meet with supervising physician periodically and as required by state law, if applicable.
17. Assist supervising physician with completing any required chart reviews for co-signatures.
18. Review Delegation of Service agreement with supervising physician at least annually.
19. Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned, by the Medical Director.
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Treat all people with dignity, respect and compassion.
2. Honor diversity in practices of faith, traditions, and culture.
3. Recognize the good work and accomplishments of others.
4. Invite and acknowledge concerns, suggestions and opinions of others.
5. Protect personal and professional privacy and confidentiality.
6. Communicate truthfully and expect others to do the same.
7. Identify and resolve difficult issues.
8. Seek out and participate in opportunities for development.
9. View change as opportunity.
10. Accept and offer feedback that promotes respect and leads to development.
11. Seek out education and training to build job skills.
12. Exceed expectations of those we serve.
13. Strive to exceed the requirements of our jobs.
14. Seek to continuously improve the way we do work.
15. Work with others in the spirit of teamwork.
16. Be accountable for the successful completion of our work.
17. Make decisions about our time and work resources that avoid waste and duplication.
18. Conserve natural and environmental resources.
19. Maintain health, safety and security in the workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Must be a graduate from an accredited physician assistant studies program leading to the degree of MPAS or equivalent. Currently licensed to practice in the State of hire/assignment. Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine commensurate with his/her training. Board certification by the NCCPA as a Physician Assistant is required. Previous experience should be from an urgent care, hospital or ambulatory clinic setting.
1. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
2. Additional languages preferred.
3. Strong presentation skills.
The Physician Assistant must have the patience and tact to deal with the patient population and ability to work effectively in the primary care / urgent care environment. Scheduling flexibility is also required to be able to rotate hours and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency situations to provide coverage.
Click Here To Apply