SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Pharmacy Technician today with Memorial Health University Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health University Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Memorial Health University Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Pharmacy Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Pharmacy Technician promotes teamwork with pharmacists and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and strives for appropriate resource management. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be assisting the Pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and medical records.
- You will comply with facility policy and procedures, along with regulatory requirements.
- You will be responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
- You will perform quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned.
- You will accurately and safely compound and label medications and parenteral admixtures.
- You will always obtain a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- You will prepare all work records needed for the day at their designated times including the discontinued, transfers, and discharge lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently process these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
- You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- You will receive and check in medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notify the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product.
- You will manage drug supplies in a cost-effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- An active Registered Pharmacy Technician license in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is required
- A national certification (CPhT) is required
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
In 2018, Memorial Health University Medical Center affiliated with HCA Healthcare (South Atlantic Division), one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services. HCA Healthcare has formed its mission and values to be patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter the circumstance: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. HCA has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 640+ bed hospital in the beautiful, southern city of Savannah, Georgia. The facility opened its doors in 1955 and has evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region employing over 3,500 colleagues.
Memorial Health University Medical Center serves as a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children’s care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region’s only Children’s Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. We proudly serve 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial Health University Medical Center is always looking to grow and further advance in the healthcare industry, earning local, regional, national recognition of excellence. MHUMC uses its vast clinical knowledge, innovative operating strategies, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help our community thrive. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Click Here To Apply