At Giant Delivery, we have committed to making our store and facilities better every day for our Associates, our customers and the community. It’s how we keep success in-store. It directs everything we do from the products that fill our shelves to the way we operate our stores. It lets us put our customer first, do the right thing, win together and make ideas come to life. As an Associate here, that’s precisely what you’ll help us do. You’ll put your ideas to work, develop new skills and really make a difference for our customers, the community and the company. Here’s more of what we can offer you:
You’ll grow with us – through training and development programs. Additionally, there are many opportunities for advancement within our stores, corporate office and support areas.
You’ll be able to give back to our communities and work to protect the environment.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work through our recognition programs.
You’ll be around lots of people who care about your total wellness – it’s our priority.
You are going to love it here. It’s fast, it’s fun and above all, it’s rewarding. Come check it out for yourself! We think Giant Delivery could be the perfect place for you!
Take a look at what its like to work at Giant Delivery!!
(Copy and Paste into your web browser)
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure smooth and efficient operation of our dispatch and driver team through effective supervision, managing all aspects of the shift operation
- Organizing, planning, and optimizing daily routing of customer deliveries and assigning the appropriate driver
- Ensure that all vehicles and drivers remain in compliance with DOT regulations
- Effectively troubleshoot any and all issues to ensure timely resolution
- Oversee the timely loading and dispatching of vehicles from the staging docks, based on multiple priorities and various vehicle waves
- Responsible for accident/damage and injury reports and making sure that all issues are followed up on within an acceptable time frame
- Responsible for doing routine ride-along to assist management in assessing performance
- Daily management of driver team metrics to include safety, all BPI standards, route productivity, cube route efficiencies, mobile cast compliance; provide daily coaching sessions to achieve team metrics and goals
- Daily follow up with Transportation Manager/Senior Manager and team members on key metrics and BPI; daily communication of status/shift issues to incoming/outgoing shift members, and as needed to achieve operational consistency
- Maintaining a work environment that is safe, clean, honest, harassment-free, and compliant with all food-safety regulations and policies
- Identify and address critical issues within the shift
- Directing the daily operations and activities of the employees with a focus on productivity & efficiency.
- Motivating employees to meet productivity, cost & quality standards.
- Designing & implementing work methods to enhance our productivity.
- Coaching & mentoring employees with both verbal and written feedback throughout the workday.
- Performing consistent quality inspections to provide feedback to the front line employees.
- Troubleshooting any system and/or mechanical issues, with the assistance of our IT team.
- Scheduling and tracking of employee’s time.
- Promoting a safe work environment and practicing food safety in every aspect of the operation.
Qualifications (the following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years related work experience with focus on logistics, Distribution Ops and Accounting.
- Specialized knowledge of Warehouse Management System, Excel, and Word. Technical knowledge, Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Project coordination experience and accounting principles, Communication (written and verbal) at all levels, planning and organizing skills, interpersonal skills
- High customer service orientation
Pay rate: Based upon experience level
Giant Delivery is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click Here To Apply