Providing a lasting first impression filled with the highest quality of hospitality service. Beginning with guest reservations and to continue through the checkout process, it is every employee’s duty and passion to see that all guest needs will be handled in an efficient, gracious and professional manor.
High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required. Additional studies in hospitality are encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the English language.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and public atmosphere.
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations.
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior.
- Must be able to compute basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to perform basic computer skills (including Excel, Word, and E-Mail).
- Previous hospitality experience would be advantageous.
- Must have at least 2 year of Hotel front desk, receptionist, etc experience and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with guests to better understand their individual needs to provide them with the best service possible
- Invoice and bill guests for their stay and services used
- Handle and resolve guest complaints
- Inform customers of all on-site amenities and any relevant information that is needed to use them
- Check in customers using computer programs and equipment and provide guests with directions to their room
- Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and company.
- Directly responsible for guest satisfaction scores from Arrival Experience through Departure Experience.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times.Greet every customer with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting at 5 feet.
- Night Auditors are to complete all Front Desk Clerk functions, in addition to accurately recording all revenue and statistics, completing daily and Housekeeping reports and segmenting room and house reports to proper markets.
- Effectively operate the hotel computer system or property management system.
- Possess working knowledge of hotel reservation and cancellation procedures.
- Know guest loyalty program. Recruit new guests for program. Execute benefits per brand standards for existing members.
- Know frequent guests by name and their preferences.
- Ensure all reservations have full and accurate guest contact information.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, room locations, room rates, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
- Understand Service Recovery Program and execute to standards.
- Know how to work and trouble shoot all IT in Meeting Room(s)
- Monitor room availability, selling strategies, discounts and frequent guest program benefits.
- Open and close shift correctly. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures to ensure rotating banks stay at predetermined amount.
- Count bank at beginning and end of shift. Report all cash over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures.
- Understand and consistently follow all cash handling procedures including the hotel credit and check cashing procedures.
- Ensure all credit cards and cash funds are balanced throughout the shift.
- Audit guest accounts to ensure that room rate and coding is correct and consistent.
- Audit house accounts. Audit group accounts to ensure that postings these accounts are in accordance with sales contracts.
- Execute group reservations, manage blocks and cut off dates.
- Post room and tax to all active guest accounts.
- Run all computer reports to complete gross revenue report worksheets.
- Input revenue report figures. Complete the gross revenue report worksheets in a timely manner.
- Offer and properly handle requests for wake-up calls and “do not disturb” requests.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service to the guest at all times.
- Represent efficiency and friendliness in a manner that leaves a lasting impression.
- Use the guest’s name at least twice.
- Assists in Laundry and Housekeeping during down times and/or as needed.
- Maintain lobby restrooms, complimentary coffee stations (if applicable) and assist with breakfast set-up as required.
- Maintain front porte-cochere by picking up trash, shoveling snow, melting ice, etc.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow employees. Use wet floor signs, as required. Report any injuries or unsafe conditions to management.
- Handle guest mail, messages and safe deposit boxes as outlined in additional policy.
- Answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and approved greeting.
- Complete the shift work Checklist as assigned.
- Complete Person-In-Charge Responsibilities
- Know and be able to execute Emergency Procedures.
- Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties and role.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply