R.K. Hall, LLC
JOB TITLE: Distributor Driver
DIVISION: Heavy Highway DATE PREPARED: May 2009
SUPERVISOR: Transportation Manager REVISED: July 2014
FLSA: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Drives tack or distributor truck with capacity of 3,000 gallons, to transport emulsion to and from specified destinations, and applies product to road surfaces according to plan specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Drives truck to destination in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists crew with other tasks when not operating distributor truck.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor on the job, as well as directing paving trucks to job site.
- Responsible for loading truck from emulsion tank.
- Responsible for applying emulsion to road surface prior to paving.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for daily pre-trip inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water.
- Displays a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Reports to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in company policy, OSHA and / or MSHA regulations.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Individuals wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as required by OSHA and/or MSHA and company policy. Protective equipment that may be required for this position includes, but is not limited to: Hard Hat with face shield, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Safety Apparel, Fall Protection, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Respiratory Protection, Safety (hard toe) Boots, Heat Resistant Apparel.
Must possess a valid CDL A or B License with a Tank and Hazmat Endorsement.
Must possess, or be able to obtain, a current DOT Medical Qualification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
RK Hall, LLC conducts post-conditional offer background check, fitness for duty evaluation, and pre-employment drug testing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 – 10 lbs
10 – 25 lbs
25 – 50 lbs
50 – 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working with Others
Click Here To Apply