Virtual Req #1099
Friday, February 5, 2021
Supervise the daily work of Medicare customer service staff to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures. Ensure member inquiries are handled within service protocol. Provide performance management oversight and employee development. Manage workflow of department; implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate the workflow and operations of the Medicare customer services department. Provide direction and guidance to staff. Review and evaluate work and prepare performance reviews.
- Oversee daily operations of the Medicare customer service team.
- Ensure consistent and up-to-date relay of benefit changes and other information to team.
- Serve as resource to staff on complex customer or research issues; provide assistance in the navigation of resources and systems.
- Perform remote monitoring of team. Ensure inquiries are answered in timely manner and that responses adhere to quality standards.
- Serve as liaison with internal departments to resolve customer or provider service-related issues.
- Adhere to compliance and Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Combination of education and relevant work experience
- Three to five years’ experience in a customer service environment
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Supervisory experience or experience leading a team
- Experience working in a call center environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to motivate team
- Ability to maintain quality standards
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships
- Strong and effective decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products (i.e., Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability to meet the challenges of today’s healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information and gender identity or expression.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
Click Here To Apply