Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure (EPHF), allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
We are seeking a high caliber mechanically inclined Senior Facilities Engineer to join our on-site team to ensure all aspects of Facilities management provided are delivered in the most cost effective and quality manner possible. This role is responsible for current state facility management, sustainable practices, applicable regulatory compliance as well as strategic long-range facility capital planning and facility project management for the site.
This role is responsible for current state facility management, sustainable practices, applicable regulatory compliance as well as strategic long-range facility capital planning and facility project management for the site. Must be comfortable working in the ISO class 5, 6, 7, and 8 controlled cleanrooms environments wearing level C PPE. This role requires interaction with EHS team and some chemical waste handling.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop strategic plans to improve facilities operation including design and execution of facility capital projects, automation strategy, installation, commissioning and qualification
- Lead and participate in facility maintenance activities for the building and a broad range of manufacturing support equipment that includes, but is not limited to: cleanroom filtration system, humidifier, water purification systems, waste water neutralization system, air compressors, tanks, pumps, compressors, generators, process gas, and chillers.
- Lead development, improvement, and execution of a facility preventive maintenance program including safety, scheduling, resource planning, cost, spares management, purchasing, and supplier coordination
- Develop facilities policies and practices
- Write Request Capital Equipment (RCE) and implement projects
- Write Controlled Access Environment Change Request (CCR) and Environmental Disturbance Report (EDR) request for Cleanrooms
- Coordinate and communication with external vendors, contractors, technical consultants, and building management team.
- Ability to collaborate and lead without positional authority. This will happen often with implementation of facilities activities and improvement projects.
- Direct space allocations, moves, and facilities construction, modification and maintenance.
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Safety, Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree (±5 years) In Mechanical Engineering or related field with equipment or facilities maintenance experience.
- AutoCAD, plumbing, and electrical experience is required.
- Clean room / med device manufacturing / semiconductor facilities experience a strong plus
- Ability to work independently through a high level of ambiguity
- Possess good troubleshooting skills
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, Abbott standards, required engineering specifications, and local building codes.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
Click Here To Apply