IT Field Support Technician
Works under general supervision of the IT Support Team. Provides primary support of hardware and software solutions deployed in various business locations, primarily focused on healthcare facilities. Expertise to resolve user problems presented from the end users through the Support Service Desk. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing support for business applications used in various locations. Provides support for Network Equipment, Phone Systems, and other IT Infrastructure within locations.
- Answers evaluates and prioritizes service requests received via telephone, voice mail, email, and in-person for users’ computer performance
- Problem identification and resolution resource, including answering questions, providing advice, troubleshooting, and following-up to assist users. Coordinates user problem resolution with other departments if necessary and tracks and reports recurring problems
- Logs and tracks issues using problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation
- Interfaces with end users to acquire, move, add, or change desktop/laptop hardware and software systems and ability to independently analyze the customer requirements and develop appropriate solutions to meet expected service levels
- Analyzes and corrects problems using documented procedures, available tools, and personal knowledge and skills
- Brainstorms with team members to resolve more complex problems and escalates difficult issues to Team Lead for more technical assistance
- Keep peers/manager informed of trends, significant problems and delays, customers informed of global problems or scheduled downtime, and customers updated on status of reported problems or projects
- Learns current inter-company business software systems and aid current IT team in support and troubleshooting
- Coordinates preventative maintenance and vendor services as necessary
- Participates in creation and maintenance of IT standards and procedures
- Initiative: Spotting opportunities within a circle of influence; anticipating threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action.
- Oral Communication: Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Planning and Organizing: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals.
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
- Usage of Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one’s own technological area of specialty.
Must be able to perform repetitious hand/eye movement. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to drive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years verifiable technology remote support
- Experience in Healthcare Facilities and/or knowledge of EMR systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- World class customer service skills
- Industry certifications a plus
- Understanding of ITIL
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Related keywords: it support, information technology, it, help desk, desktop support, technical support
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Windows: 2 years (Required)
- Active Directory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible