1. Patrols hospital property to ensure the safety for patients, visitors, employees, etc.
2. Handles and monitors patients that exhibit violent behavior.
3. Investigates security related incidents and documents findings on an incident report.
4. Documents and maintains a daily report of activities.
5. Locks and unlocks various buildings around the hospital campus.
6. Responsible for being part of the fire and disaster response teams.
7. Enforces the hospital parking policy.
8. Display a caring and professional attitude when greeting all customers at all times
9. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/Entity.
10. Complies with all hospital/ departmental policies (i.e.; safety, attendance, dress code)
11. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance
12. Demonstrates Performance Improvement (i.e.; customer service, safety, etc.)
13. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
14. Demonstrates competence, as a member of the security alert team, in responding to agitation/ violent behavior of an individual requiring verbal de-escalation and/or physical restraint.
15. Performs hazardous patient decontamination procedures. Identifies hazards, selects proper personal protective equipment (including respiratory protection) sets up appropriate decontamination systems, removes contaminated clothing from patients, and contains contaminated wastes for proper disposal.
1. Attends and participates in all hospital/ departmental required inservices, security department meetings, and IAHSS Certification (within 1 year of employment)
2. Represent the hospital/ department professionally and consistently
3. Help promote and maintain a safe environment (i.e.; shovel snow/ spread deicer)
4. Completes and maintains First Receivers – Operations Level Hazardous Material Emergency Response certification
5. Other related duties as assigned
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke’s!!
Click Here To Apply