The RN Staff Nurse Outpatient reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
An Endoscopy Registered Nurse is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. This role effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and health team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. As a professional nurse in Endoscopy, utilizes critical thinking, therapeutic communication, and interpersonal relationship building skills and strives to improve team effectiveness, system processes and patient outcomes across the continuum of care.
- Nursing process-Collects and analyzes data, identifies expected outcomes, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, coordinates care delivery and evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Directs care and determines the appropriate utilization of any assistant involved in providing direct patient care.
- Involves patient/family to participate in their care, including teaching, continuum of care and discharge planning.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner which optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors incorporating the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Adequately assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding methods to manage pain.
- Demonstrates effective hand-offs to the next healthcare provider.
- Assumes required on call assignments.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required for all new hires after 01/01/2011
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- One year of experience in similar role
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- Three years of experience in a similar role
- ONS Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy Certification
- OCN Certification
Click Here To Apply