A Patient Representative is responsible for providing patient centered care and facilitating patient access to services in a pleasant, knowledgeable efficient manner, communicating with a diverse population using well-developed interpersonal skills. This staff member will be responsible for all aspects of the registration and appointment process for patients. The staff member plays an integral role in the medical care team as the access point for patients to receive care. She/he will perform job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Patient Representative:
- Assist with daily reception activities and ensure that all processes needed for patient services are initiated
- Communicates effectively with team members and patients all aspects of service.
- Responsible for telephone and mail contact with patients
- Responsible for the scheduling of appointments, fee collection, explanation of services and charges for patient services
- Distributes materials to patients, including the patient satisfaction cards, patient rights and other appropriate materials.
- Verifies all insurance and sets fees based on the sliding scale fee
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/ GED
Minimum Work-Related Experience: 2-4 years
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
This position’s benefits including medical and dental will fall under the 1199 bargaining agreement.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Medical receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply