2nd shift is; Wed – Sunday 3pm – 11:15pm
Responsible for all aspects of manufacturing easy to medium complexity level creams, lotions, and sub phase batches in Compounding Labs, Bio Fermentation Lab and/or AGI Lab. The work includes, but not limited to checking ingredients for accuracy, adding ingredients to the manufacturing kettle, utilizing equipment to execute required processes, executing in process checks, cleaning and sanitizing equipment, and completing paperwork while following company GMP and GDP practices. Compounder may require higher level compounder assistance for more complex processes or equipment.
- Understand and follow safety hazards and procedures in the operation, including proper PPE use.
- Follow site current GMP and GDP requirements, including data integrity requirements for Batch documentation.
- Capable of performing in process checks on the batches, may require higher level compounder support in some cases.
- Capable of making solutions, including operating different pieces of equipment needed.
- Capable of making grinds and colors, including operating equipment needed
- Capable of follow manufacturing process to make batches using atmospheric kettles, including all auxiliary equipment: planetary mixers, homogenizers, heat exchangers, positive displacement pumps, etc. Capable of cleaning and sanitizing an atmospheric kettle and auxiliary equipment (may require higher level compounder support in some cases).
- Capable of follow manufacturing process to make batches using Symex kettles. Capable of cleaning and sanitizing Symex kettle and auxiliary equipment (may require higher level compounder support in some cases).
- Capable of making batch adjustments for color, pH, and viscosity and performing various lab testing such as pH and viscosity. May require assistance of management or higher level compounder.
- May be required to train on specific pieces of equipment such as Novasome, NIRO (high pressure homogenizer) and I/S Water unit.
- May be required to be trained and operate Bio Fermentation jobs, including operating the equipment. May require higher level compounder support in some cases.
- May be required to be trained and operate AGI jobs, including operating the equipment. May require higher level compounder support in some cases.
- Must have and maintain a good attendance and on time record.
- Must follow GMP and GDP requirements. Familiarity with Aseptic Techniques preferred.
- Previous experience as a compounder is a plus.
- Must have high attention to details and be able to follow instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive power equipment (transporter and stacker). Will train as needed.
- Good math skills, including understanding measurement units (g, kg, lb, l, gal, %, etc).
-HIgh School diploma or equivalent
Job: Manufacturing – Supply Chain
Primary Location: US-NY-Melville
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 2nd (Afternoon) Shift
Job Number: 208686
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.60 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Mixing/Batching/MFG: 1 year (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply