What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years crating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (http://www.internationalpaper.com) is the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a Fortune 100 Company with operations around the globe.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic for our Santa Fe Springs, CA facility. This facility manufactures corrugated packaging products for local and national customers.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Following all safety rules and practices
- Performing preventive maintenance activities such as lubricating, measuring wear, measuring positions, repositioning components; and observing operations, vibrations, and noise levels
- Performing emergency / break down maintenance as necessary to support plant operations
- Accurately using measurement and test equipment
- Performing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam system, and other repairs and installations as needed
- Maintaining clean and organized work areas, and cleaning up work areas as part of completing assigned tasks
- Accurately and completely preparing and maintaining maintenance records and other paperwork
- Trouble-shooting and solving problems
- Maintaining teamwork with other associates
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervision
- Mechanical aptitude
- Troubleshooting expertise
- Electrical knowledge
Candidates must be willing to work alternative shifts, weekends and overtime as required.
Minimum qualifications for consideration are a high school degree (or equivalent experience) and five years of maintenance experience with at least one year with the same employer. Highly-qualified candidates would possess a technical degree or apprenticeship certification and maintenance experience in the corrugated industry or similar manufacturing environment.
The hiring process for successful candidates will include a pre-employment aptitude test and team interview.
International Paper offers a competitive hourly wage rate and we also offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan and pension plans.
International Paper Company is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Click Here To Apply