The Lead Angio/Interventional Radiology Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Lead Angio/Interventional Radiology Technologist position supports the operations of the interventional labs by demonstrating and supporting the team in adhering to quality and performance standards.
- Provides diagnostic and interventional imaging and patient care services at defined levels to patients.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prepares patients for procedures by reviewing medical history, appropriately positioning patient and cleaning/shaving/numbing testing sites as appropriate.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares for and assists the physician in interventional procedures. Also provides advanced image post processing.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Implements radiation protection and safety standards.
- Participates in radiation and image quality control.
- Prepares and maintains equipment, supplies and lab area.
- Acts as a department leadership resource.
- Participates in initiatives and assists with staff training and competency assessment.
- Training and mentoring new staff.
- Providing recognition to staff.
- Serve as advanced imaging super users as a resource to staff.
- Daily verification of images crossed over to PACS.
- Performing audits of various department quality initiatives.
- Verifying standards for post processing are being adhered through daily monitoring.
- Collaborate with physicians, supervisor and inventory management to ensure supplies/implants are available for cases.
- Lead team in checking for expiring supplies and working to get inventory switched out in a timely manner.
- Provide just in time feedback to staff.
- Promote a professional, respectful environment by demonstrating excellent communication and team work.
- Represent modality on products committee.
- On call responsibilities during off hours/weekends/holidays.
- Function as a working leader performing cases daily.
- 2 years of experience as a Radiology Technologist in a related field.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technologist program.
- BLS within 30 days of hire.
- REG ARRT.
- CERT ACLS.
- CERT IEMA.
- 3 years of experience as a Radiology Technologist in cath lab and/or IR.
- Specialty certification.
Click Here To Apply