As the Lab IT Solution Support Engineer , you will maintain a Subject Matter Expert level knowledge on assigned products and provides product knowledge and troubleshooting support to Technical Support Specialists. Coaches and trains staff in new product launches and refresher courses. Liaison with other departments to resolve diverse issues which affect customers. Identify possible issues/concerns that may affect future product service. Act as knowledge-bridge, providing practical advice that will shape product launches to reduce after product release service-related issues. May be required to provide customer technical telephone support.
A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Deals with diverse and oftentimes complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in the area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside the area of expertise.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support of new versions and updates of product launches to include patches and Technical Service Bulletins
- Assists with troubleshooting dispatched complex customer issues
- Provides post go-live review and optimization/preventative maintenance on customer’s solution
- Shares information and updates regarding complex customer issues and product-related issues
- Identify opportunities to improve resolution rate through reviews and reporting, when applicable
- Collaborates with other departments to resolve diverse issues which directly and indirectly affect customers
- Participates in interdepartmental meetings to identify possible issues/concerns that may affect future product service
- Consults with sales on customers through completion of IT consults/impact documentation
- Remains current on company/customer communications. Maintains a continual learning process to remain informed of changes in relevant hardware, software and reagents
- Utilizes, participates, and provides input into knowledge management systems. Consults with key resources as needed
- Maintain periodic review of knowledge management articles. If applicable, accountable for timely and accurate case handling within the CRM
- Consults on complex customer account issues and escalations as needed
- May provide direct technical support to internal and external customers
- May field travel for customer interaction/cessation of problem situations leading to process changes that improve overall customer service
- Models quality documentation and compliance
- Responsible for procedural on-call coverage on a rotational basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Medical Technology, Life Sciences and two years of Laboratory IT, general IT, product line experience or 4 years of experience
- Technical skills within product groups: including Microsoft Windows, Apache, Networking, Security and Intersystems Cache
- Familiar with healthcare domain integration standards (ASTM, HL7, IHE, DICOM, HIPAA, ADT, etc.)
- Experience with file parsing (XML, XSLT, etc.)
- Knowledge of the clinical customer base and critical components of a laboratory information system (LIS) and laboratory IT processes and workflows
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, consult and drive resolution
- Effective communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with and translate requirements for both technical and non-technical groups
- 1 – 2 year’s LIS consulting, technical support or process management experience
- Understanding of RDC total solution including interaction between RDC IT solutions and instruments
Colorado applicants are not eligible
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at [email protected] .
Click Here To Apply