Save A Lot in Goose Creek & North Charleston is looking to fill a Full Time Meat Cutter Position
Meat cutters are responsible for ensuring the meat cases are well-stocked with fresh, high-quality meat and poultry products for our customers. They receive and stock product, cut, grind, wrap, weigh, price, and attractively merchandise meat department products. They ensure proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste. They assist customers with special requests and answer questions about our meat products and services. Meat cutters work with equipment like meat saws, slicers, grinders, wrapping machines, and knives.
- Must have retail meat cutting experience.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be dependable and reliable and have the ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Have flexibility to work at multiple store locations
- Have an outgoing and friendly behavior, a positive attitude and the ability to interact with customers and team members.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to give and take direction in a team environment.
Duties are performed primarily in the cutting room with the temperature ranging from 40 to 50 degrees at all times. Work includes lifting and carrying product weighing up to 110 pounds, repetitive arm and hand movements, eye-hand coordination, substantial hand strength, and standing in place for long periods of time. This includes safely operating tools and Meat department equipment, along with interacting with customers and associates.
Save A Lot stores offer a good starting salary, bonus program and excellent benefits.
- Pay based upon experience
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for career growth
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with match program
- Affordable healthcare coverage, including dental, life and vision insurance
- Excellent paid time off benefits
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Save A Lot management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
If this position sounds like a good fit, please reply to this posting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- meat cutting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Every other week
- Temperature screenings
Click Here To Apply