The ED Registration Clerk is responsible for interviewing patients and family members to collect demographic and billing information; and obtaining signatures on all required hospital forms to complete the registration process. This position will also charge with verifying each patient’s healthcare coverage, collecting copays, and occasionally registering direct admissions, Laboratory, and Radiology visits. Works closely with the Financial Counselor to provided patients with financial assistance options; when necessary.
Schedule: 2:45pm – 11:15pm, every other Saturday and Sunday.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months or more of on-the-job experience in a like or similar position is desired.
- Must have proficiency in typing, English and spelling.
- Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, insurances, etc. preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology desired.
- Must possess full range of body motion to pass basic FIT test for position to include walking, kneeling, standing, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching and sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Click Here To Apply