This role is based in Trevose, PA.
International SOS is the world’s leading medical and security services company with over 10,000 employees working in 1,000 locations in 90 countries. We were founded on the principle of putting the patient first and this is still true today. Led by 5,200 medical professionals and 200 security specialists our teams work night and day to find solutions to protect our clients in whatever situation they may be facing; we assess, advise and assist from a medical, security and logistical perspective to help safeguard travelers internationally through providing invaluable local knowledge and expertise on a global scale.
The medical team is a vital part of our global operations team. They provide a range of services from pre-travel health advice through to emergency medical evacuations.
Day Shift: 3, 13 hour shifts a week – 7am-8pm or 4, 10 hour shifts a week – 7am-5pm
This role is required to work 1 weekend a month and 3 holidays.
Next training start date: Monday, March 8th, 2021
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Triage incoming calls to ensure appropriate resolution of medical situations, escalating medical issues to other resources as appropriate.
- Developing and enhancing your understanding of global and travel health, and providing pre trip travel advice to travelers
- Interpreting medical situations by conducting a tailored risk analysis of condition vs geographical location
- Providing evidence based medical advice and assessment, support and recommendations by speaking directly to patients and clients
- Liaising with international medical professionals to obtain medical assessments for patients who are hospitalized or being treated overseas
- Assessing standards of care and providing guidance on travel following illness or injury
- Arranging complex medical evacuations and repatriations from all over the world
- Working within a truly international team – we have offices in 26 different countries you will interface with daily
- Minimum 1+ years of recent nursing experience.
- Must possess current US Registered Nurse license.
- Bilingual – Spanish and English required.
- Significant previous critical care or emergency medicine preferred.
- Broad Medical Knowledge – strong acute care background, primary care or military experience desirable.
- Languages or further studies in travel health, global health or public health desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken English language.
- Strong computer skills (typing – 40 wpm; Word, Outlook.)
- Demonstrated triage experience.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Effective prioritization and critical thinking skills.
- Effective management of stress tolerance.
International SOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- One location
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply