Morrisville Pharmacy and Compounding is an independent pharmacy that provides care for the community. We are hiring a certified pharmacy technician. We will provide all training for the hired candidate. A passion for customer service, high attention to detail, and ability to learn proprietary software for prescription maintenance and supply orders is required. Compounding experience is not required but preferred.
Job duties include:
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them on the phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; etc.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by coordinating the delivery of medications to patients.
The right candidate will be a fast learner and have a high level of confidentiality, dependability, and attention to detail.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
- Experience with data entry required (electronic prescriptions, faxed prescriptions, etc).
- Prior experience.
- We currently use pioneer software. We hope to find someone with experience with this software but is not a requirement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
All employees are required to wear a mask.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Waiting period may apply
Click Here To Apply