Established in 1984, Beemac Inc. is a premier transportation company providing asset-based trucking, logistics, port, warehousing, and specialized services to customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Ambridge, PA, Beemac Inc. operates over 400 trucks, and has 34 terminals nationwide.
Billing Specialist Job Summary:
We are looking for a skilled full time Billing Specialist to undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help guarantee the company’s revenues. You will process bills daily while supporting customers, drivers and operational staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Using available technology (such as: internet, Outlook, McLeod, Transflo etc.) to process bills of lading in timely and accurate fashion including mailing any documents and checks.
- Provide weekly reports, and scan, file and index documents as necessary.
- Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies.
- Continuously improve knowledge of carriers.
- Issue and post bills, receipts and invoices.
- Check the validity of debit accounts.
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments.
- Ensure all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines.
- Provide solutions to any relative problems of clients.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, drivers and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work full time, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, with overtime as needed.
- A college degree in accounting or similar is preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in accounts receivable, customer service, or billing.
- Must be able to work independently based on periodic guidance and direction – with excellent organization, accuracy and follow-up skills.
- Time Management; able to effectively work on multiple tasks at a given time and maintain a high performance on each task.
- Strong communication skills to include verbal and written.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite as well as various technology and web-based software.
- Must be able to perform tasks in a timely and safe matter.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
The many benefits of Beemac:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), WE ARE 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED!!!
- Health/Dental/Vision//LTD/Life & AD&D.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Vacation Holidays.
- 401(k), Safe Harbor program plus company matching.
- Focused career development.
- We celebrate the achievement and successes of our teammates.
- We support our local communities and encourage our employees to volunteer for a myriad of charity events and activities.
Why you should join us:
- We are growing at a fast pace with consistent year over year revenue increases of more than 100%.
- We offer a dynamic company culture that values our employees as our greatest assets. We celebrate the fact that our employees are at the center of making our company flourish.
- We are a Team! One SWARM…one GOAL!
2020 and 2019 Accomplishments:
- Ranked No. 927 on the Inc. 5000 List for 2020.
- Ranked No. 169 in Commercial Carrier Journal’s “Top 250” rankings for 2020.
- Ranked 2nd in the 2020 Pittsburgh Business Times “Fast 50” Award.
- Named a winner of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s “Top Workplaces 2019” Award.
- Ranked 3rd in the extra-large company category in the 2019 Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work” Award.
Equal Opportunity Award:
Beemac is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. Beemac recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
Click Here To Apply