FULL-TIME, NON -EXEMPT BENEFITED POSITION, SALARY $19 PER HOUR
SUMMARY: Prepare and maintain interrelated financial records in relation to individual departments, projects, and Go Kids as a whole in accordance to the HR & Fiscal Policy and Procedure Manuals of Go Kids, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
I. ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/BILLING
- Analyzes general ledger to ensure reconciliation with detail ledger or supporting schedule relating to attendance and accounts receivables.
- Code, post and general cash receipts.
- Performs variance analysis reporting relating to attendance and accounts receivable billing.
- Process month end attendance inclusive of contract earnings control sheet reconciliation.
- Issue monthly tuition statements for all Go Kids’ clients.
- Prepares fiscal claims for submission to funding sources.
- Post accounts receivable to general ledger.
- Audit family files monthly as part of the Audit Team.
- Maintain credit card agreements and process credit card payments.
- Coordinates and prepares pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors.
- Enroll in appropriate training to adhere to the department’s professional development goals.
- Analyze outstanding Accounts Receivable and review collections with Site Supervisors/Regional Directors.
- Interface with clients to discuss outstanding receivables.
- Interface regularly with the family and compliance specialists (EU).
- Maintain and keep current appropriate binders – NOA, Billing, Provider, Credit Memos, Journal Entries, Accounts Receivable Aging, etc.
- Review accounting policies and procedures related to attendance and accounts receivable and update as needed.
- Continue to increase professional knowledge and skills associated with accounting.
II. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with training and effectively coaching Site Supervisors and Administration staff regarding fiscal procedure focused on attendance, accounts receivable and collections.
- Responsible for job cross training.
- Recommend improvements to current practices within the fiscal department.
- Keeps abreast of current regulations, trends and practices in general accounting, and office administration professions.
- Uses equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, follows established safety procedures, uses appropriate safeguards and observes common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities.
- Assist with additional support as needed by Finance Department.
- Conducts self in manner reflecting credit on Go Kids and encourages others to do the same.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires general knowledge of accounting principles, including federal, state and local laws and regulations governing organizations.
- Must be organized, creative, independent and self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented, flexible in scheduling and prioritization, and driven by excellence.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form, including accurate grammar and business correspondence knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective business relationships; demonstrated ability to communicate in situations requiring tact and poise; skilled in confidentiality and discretion.
- Thorough knowledge of office administration (including efficient filing systems, office machines and equipment, and computer software, including MS Excel and other accounting software) and skilled in customer service and employee relations.
- Must present a neat, professional appearance.
- Must be able to adjust tasks and focus with composure, and in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Requires a good sense of humor and belief in working as a professional, cohesive team member.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree (A.A/S.) in Accounting or a related field or equivalent from four year college and two-three (2-3) years related experience in a business and/or non-profit environment. Experience in Accounting and attendance record keeping essential. Supervisory experience necessary along with an understanding of fund or job cost accounting. Possess a valid CA driver’s license and pass criminal record clearances.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures with conformance to the prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from government entities, employees, managers, clients, and the general public.
- Bilingual and Biliterate skills required.
- Ability to work with generally accepted accounting procedures, balance sheets, profit/loss statements, and mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate figures & amounts with a 10 Key.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, occasionally in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met (or may be encountered) by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, and walk. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions and wet (humid) conditions and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and can sometimes be noisy.
COME WORK FOR A WINNING TEAM!
FULL-TIME BENEFITED POSITION INCLUDES: COMPANY PAID MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION TO THE EMPLOYEE. COMPANY CONTRIBUTIONS ANNUALLY TO 401(K), LTD, STD, LIFE, FSA AND HSA OPTIONS.
Click Here To Apply