At Amedisys whether we’re caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In home health, you’ll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Responsible for helping patients maintain, restore, and improve movement, activity, and function thereby enabling optimal performance and enhancing health, well-being, and quality of life. Under a physician approved plan of care, this position is responsible for providing interventions, conducting reexaminations, modifying interventions as necessary, and performing discharge planning.
- Provides a comprehensive patient examination / evaluation at the initial visit upon receipt of referral.
- Reassesses the patient at a minimum of every 30 days. Makes necessary revisions to the patient’s plan of care in conjunction with the physician and documents the patient’s continual care needs.
- Provides physical therapy patient/client management, including interventions in accordance with the physician approved plan of care.
- Provides documentation of each visit according to the APTA Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for inclusion in the patient’s clinical record.
- Provides coordination of care by participating in interdisciplinary team and by observing, recording, and reporting the patient’s response to treatment and any change in the patient’s condition to the team.
- Identifies the patient’s need for other disciplines and services and initiates the appropriate referrals. Provides resources for future needs.
- Acts as a consultant to other care providers as needed.
- Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately, and according to OASIS user’s manual definitions.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA) in accordance with applicable municipal, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Provides consistent patient care oversight.
- Remains accessible by telecommunication, conducts regularly scheduled and documented conferences with the PTA, and makes supervisory visits to the patient.
- Assesses competence of PTA in performing assigned activities.
- Remains available upon request of the PTA for reexamination of the patient in instances of a noted change in the patient’s medical status, response to interventions or a discharge or discontinuation from physical therapy services.
- Includes documentation of supervisory activities in the patient’s medical record.
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart audit activities, quality improvement activities including OBQI and OBQM, and peer-review activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the physical therapist-client relationship.
- Makes recommendations for follow-up care in coordination with the care center that admitted the patient and utilizes other care center care providers to assist with referrals to community resources.
- Supervises the Home Health Aide when SN is not active in the case. Communicates plan of care changes to the Aide and other appropriate staff as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of physical therapy trends and knowledge for the service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice physical therapy specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapy educational program as set by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- One (1+) year related physical therapy experience for PTs entering home health care to ensure that knowledge and skills are sufficient to safely provide physical therapy services to patients.
- If less than one (1) year experience, then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
- Current CPR certification.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Click Here To Apply