Zendesk is looking for a Manager that wants to make an impact on the global Sales Organization. The Manager of Finance – Sales is a key position within Finance & Strategy as we strive to become a world-class finance organization and be a value-creating, customer-focused partner in driving business results. Reporting to the Director of Sales Finance, this role will serve as a business and strategic advisor to the Sales leadership team to ensure the financial, strategic, and operational objectives for the business are met. This role will make an impact on the trajectory of the Sales organization and provides for the opportunity to dive deep into analytics critical to the organization’s success and aid strategic decision making. The Manager will be responsible for providing financial visibility and analytical support, driving investment recommendations, and developing impactful analyses.
The ideal candidate should have experience with a rapidly growing SaaS business, and understands SaaS revenue and bookings metrics and drivers. Additionally, they should have a proven track record of creating strong and trusted relationships across business leaders, specifically with the sales function.
- Ensures Sales leadership is provided top notch and highly accurate financial and non-financial information and analysis for their business decisions
- Provide insights and recommendations to drive growth opportunities & business results
- Develop financial models and analyses to support business cases for growth, products and other initiatives. Review and influence the key assumptions driving the business case to ensure reasonability, feasibility and credibility
- Influence business decisions via in-depth analysis and propose broad solutions and approaches to enable successful execution.
- Set business framework for managing business investments, resource allocations, business planning, operations and performance measurements.
- Responsible for establishing/driving process and process improvements, consolidate forecasts/reports, analyze the trends/variances identifying business drivers behind the numbers for meaningful executive level summaries and analytics
- Design, implement and track critical metrics to measure performance against strategic goals, identify emerging trends and provide insights about the drivers of performance and return on investment
- 5+ years of technology, banking, private equity, corporate finance, economics or consulting experience in a fast-paced industry
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with financial systems a plus (i.e Hyperion, Netsuite, Adaptive etc)
- Experience querying large data sets using SQL a plus
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills with financial modeling, data mining, accounting and finance experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and impact business results across teams
- Experience working with tight deadlines and successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent attention to detail!
- Ability to grow and lead finance teams!
- Strong EQ and experience with partnering across matrixed organizations
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
Click Here To Apply