Engineering Services Technician – CAD
As a division of Knowles Corporation, Knowles Precision Devices (KPD) focuses on production of a wide variety of highly engineered Capacitors and Microwave to Millimeter Wave components for use in critical applications in military, medical, aerospace, industrial, electric vehicle, and 5G market segments. Radar, pacemakers, MRI equipment, satellites, airplanes, electric vehicles, and mobile phone base stations are just a few of the places you will find our products. Our products can be found in every corner of the world, from 8000ft below the earth’s surface to orbiting 254 miles above us on the ISS.
We are a Specialty Components manufacturer, which means we choose to take on the complex challenges that come with High Reliability, High Temperature, High Performance, and High Frequency solutions. This is built on our commitment to innovation, whether it be our ongoing creativity in manufacturing high performance multi-layer ceramic capacitors, or our unique ceramic formulations that allow us to provide the highest performance-for-footprint mmWave filters available
We aim to be a leader in every market we serve, to the benefit of our customers and our mutual long-term success. We achieve this by:
- Understanding our customers’ real needs and providing products and services to meet and exceed them.
- Providing better products and services than competitors.
- Investing in product development, manufacturing processes, and people.
- Insisting on the highest ethical standards and a business culture of trust, respect, and open communication.
Overview: Engineering services is responsible for converting customer supplied information into a Knowles manufacturing package which includes drawings, processes routers and inspection specifications.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Engineering Services Supervisor.
Location: This position is based out of the Minden, Nevada facility.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyze CAD data and/or drawings, confirm conformance to internal and customer requirements and produce modified artwork and drawings which allows for manufacturability of designed product.
- Ensure timely and accurate incoming inspection of photo tooling produced as end product manufacturing tools from external vendors.
- Create EWOK (internal job reference code) package for efficient, cost effective manufacturability and on time delivery.
- Integrate the EWOK package into the MRP system
- Monitor and measure performance with respect to all stated objectives and continually strive for zero defect results.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum AS or trade degree in CAD drafting, sufficient related work experience may be accepted in lieu of, at the discretion of the Engineering Manager. Working knowledge of AutoCad software essential as it applies to the needs of Knowles and its customers.
- Complete and thorough 2D drafting skills required with respect to microwave or related circuitry, 3D skills desired. Knowledge of both general standard and geometric tolerancing desired.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical and drafting concepts such as scaling, unit conversions, cumulative error, tolerances, and other requirements as they apply to microwave circuit manufacturing.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without restriction to ITAR documentation and materials.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Knowles Precision Devices prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Click Here To Apply