Employment at a well-known, family-owned company is something that brings pride and value to all of our employees at Byrne Dairy. We know our employees are hard-working members of the community and we support them with great benefits, incentives, and appreciation every day. As an employee at Byrne Dairy, you are a member of a quality-driven team that is family-based, and encourages great ideas and quality workmanship.
Byrne Dairy offers the following Benefits:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time-Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurances, etc
- Free Life Insurance Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Supplied Uniforms
- Employee Referral Bonus
We are looking for a Warehouse Inventory Operator for our Ultra Dairy Location/DSW Warehouse.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: East Syracuse, NY
Shift: Night Shift – 12 hour shifts (6:00am-6:30pm), rotating days of week
Department: Ultra Plant/DSW Warehouse
The Warehouse Inventory Operator is responsible for completing assigned duties to ensure plant production and building material needs are met. The Warehouse Inventory Operator does this by ensuring proper movement of materials to designated locations through Computer Warehouse system, updating inventories as needed, coordinating material needs throughout the facility using material handling equipment (Forklift, Hi-Lo reach truck, Stand on pallet jack, etc.). The Warehouse Inventory Operator will also be responsible for receiving and shipping materials in through Computer Warehouse system, End of Month inventories, requesting materials as needed from the Dry Storage Warehouse. The Warehouse Inventory Operator completes these functions in the support of the manufacture of dairy related products.
- Responsible for achieving assigned goals in the area of warehouse, safety, quality, performance, and cost.
- Responsible for complying with GMP’s, SOP’s, corporate and/or plant policies, rules, and regulations.
- Provides assistance and support to all areas in the production facility as assigned by supervisor/lead and begins to train and build competence on key areas in warehousing such as material handling equipment (Forklift, Hi-Lo reach truck, Stand on pallet jack, etc.), and Computer Warehouse system.
- Unload material as it arrives to the facility and verify item, quantity, and receive in the computer warehouse system creating a load ID number. Scan newly created pallet label and move item to proper location.
- Pick customer tickets in correct sequence. Pull orders using correct code dates and procedures including proper use of the warehouse management systems.
- Keep product rotated by date and code for quality purposes. Identify products by labels and date codes and stage for loading as needed.
- Ensure accurate record keeping and document control of associated documents to the Warehouse Inventory Operator role.
- Communicate with Supervisor/Manager on any potential or existing issues that could affect plant production (missing/damaged materials, delayed deliveries etc.)
- Works in a safe manner and reports safety concerns promptly to their supervisor/lead and takes corrective actions as necessary to ensure a safe environment.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems and initiating action and for supporting SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality.
- Ensures work areas are sanitary and strictly adheres to sanitation practices
- Communicates effectively between shifts and other departments
- Notifies others of mechanical malfunctions of material handling equipment to increase productivity and equipment capabilities and begins to identify areas where operators can assist in resolving concerns.
- Compliant with all legal requirements concerning dairy processing and safety on their assigned shift and reports concerns to their supervisor/lead.
- Travel to inter-company work sites as needed to cover or assist with inventory personal job tasks.
Essential Knowledge, Skills:
- Ability to apply basic to complex mathematical concepts such as counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing to sufficiently handle job tasks.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic to complex employee, and vendor inquiries.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
- Knowledge of company’s mission, purpose, goals and your role in achieving each of them.
- Ability to operate facility equipment as required in assigned area.
- Satisfactorily complete all company training requirements.
- Ability to interpret company documents and literature.
- Responsible for reporting to work at scheduled times and communicating tardiness and absences with the assigned Supervisor/Manager prior to the occurrence.
- Responsible for reporting to work in a condition to work.
- Responsible for being well-groomed and dressed in a business-and position-appropriate attire at all times including ensuring compliance with GMP dress code standards.
- Comply with performance criteria, standards of conduct as contained in company policy, employment procedures and responsibilities as described in the company handbook.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times and immediately report and take appropriate action to correct a safety concern.
- Responsible for completing all tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Requires morning, afternoon and overnight availability any day of the week based on assigned shift.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advance notification and approval by Supervisor/Manager.
- Hourly: Generally scheduled between 36-48 hours based on the schedule rotation; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
- Able to work in a varied temperature environment.
- May be subject to exposure to ingredients used in the manufacture of food products including allergens
- May be subject to exposure to chemicals involved in the manufacture and sanitation of a food processing facility.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facilities including but not limited to office, production, and warehouse environments. Including the outside perimeter of the building.
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and move objects exceeding 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions, ability to see at distances overhead, good overall depth perception to perform certain job functions.
Resume: You may attach a resume near the end of the application.
Byrne Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click Here To Apply