POINT OF CARE TECHNICIAN (POCT)
Under assessment and supervision of the Registered Nurse and according to established policies and procedures, performs patient care activities in order to assist health care providers in performing various clinical and technical procedures in the patient care area.
- Complete assigned patient care tasks
- Accurately collect, perform and document urine pregnancy tests and quality controls associated with it.
- Performing one-to-one monitoring on all restrained, suicidal, combative and other high-risk patients when requested by RN or physician.
- Obtain vital signs and weights
- Collect, label, and accurately enter specimens obtained.
- Lifts, transfers, transport patients
- Enters work orders in computer
- Stocks supplies at bedside and puts supplies away prior to leaving shift
- Documentation in the electronic medical record
- Minimum requirement, high school diploma or GED.
- Read, write, and follow verbal or written instructions
- Electronic medical record competency
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Work independently and professionally and treats customers and employees with respect
- Obtain/maintain 12 lead ECG testing proficiency
- Obtain/maintain phlebotomy skill.
- Obtain/maintain Ortho-Glass skills
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors protected by law.
Click Here To Apply