Experienced Builder Mortgage Loan Originator required to assist home buyers for affiliated home builder.
First Continental Mortgage (FCM) is currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to assist home buyers finance their new home with our affiliated home builder partner.
For over 27 years, First Continental, and our affiliates companies, have shared a common purpose to assist families realize the American dream of owning a home! We specialize in partnering with builders to help home buyers obtain financing for their newly built homes. FCM is a full-service mortgage lender headquartered in Houston, Texas. Our annual production volume of $1.5 billion is primarily purchase loans originated throughour home-builder partnerships spread across multiple states.
- Generate new mortgage loan applications and retain existing business by developing relationships within builder communities.
- Makes weekly sales calls to develop new business and retain existing business.
- Maintains required monthly production volume as communicated by management.
- Advise borrowers on loan products by examining application and supporting documentation, and pre-qualifying for creditworthiness.
- Provide guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each program the borrower is qualified for, and effectively communicate the terms of each product.
- Advise borrowers on available lock options and locks loans promptly.
- Keep abreast of and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, investor and governmental agency requirements and guidelines, as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary contact with all parties throughout the loan process.
- Attend builder sales meetings and provide education on various loan products to increase sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must obtain and maintain required LO license.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an originator. Direct experience working with builders is a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Understanding of mortgage products and the ability to comprehend and implement complex financial concepts related to residential mortgage lending.
- An advanced understanding of sales and marketing of mortgage loans and the ability to present, sell, and deliver such products to diverse individuals and groups in a professional, ethical, and effective manner.
- Ability to learn and adapt to market changes quickly.
- Build strong relationships with production, underwriting, closing and other internal and external partners.
Marketing Department Support | Direct to FM/GM Lender| Mobile App / Electronic Communication with Borrower | Encompass LOS and Optimal Blue Rate Lock | Disclosure Desk| Scenarios Desk
In House Credit Solutions| Down Payment Assistance for Buyers
Compensation & Benefits We offer a truly competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- FSA, Life, Supplemental Life, Long Term Disability, and Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation & Sick Time
FCM and its Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers.
To learn more about FCM and our growing team, please visit our website at https://www.firstcontinentalmtg.com
Click Here To Apply