Program Manager/Residential Youth Manager/Shift Supervisor
The Residential Counselor serves as a therapeutic agent to young children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral needs. Under the direction of the Program Manager, Assistant Program Manager and Shift Supervisor, the residential works are responsible for directly engaging the children (when awake) by creating and implementing daily activities, working in groups/teams, and collaborating with other team members to create a therapeutic and trauma informed environment. Providing safety and security to all residents while they are asleep.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a nurturing climate within the residence, which includes meeting the children’s needs in the following areas: safety, food, clothing, shelter, medical/dental, emotional, and recreational.
- Maintain a social and emotional climate within the residence that is therapeutically oriented and follows the child’s and family’s treatment goals to include communicating with children in a respectful and professional manner exhibiting empathy and understanding.
- Participate in the implementation of an individual service plan for each child and family.
- Actively monitor and verify the status of each resident as required by state licensing.
- Serve as a positive role model, and advocate as appropriate for clients and parents.
- Communicate clearly, orderly and in a timely manner on-going treatment issues for each child and family, to include written documentation through R-Day notes, e-mail, logbooks, incident reports and restraint reports.
- Interact with clients, parents, co-workers and colleagues in a positive, respectful and professional manner.
- Demonstrate a continued awareness and commitment to cultural and socio-economic diversity, religious and personal values and beliefs, traditions of clients and their families in order to accomplish the mission of the organization.
- Participate as a member of the professional treatment team by collaborating with the Lead Overnight Supervisor regarding the content of staff meeting and training
- Demonstrate an awareness of agency policies and practice, and procedures and follow all rules and regulations of the agency.
- Administer medications according to Massachusetts MAP guidelines.
- Interact with the educational and clinical staff on a regular basis to ensure that the objectives of the service plan are being met.
- Always maintain an awake and alert presence in the program.
- Utilize and perform appropriate and approved therapeutic de-escalation techniques as appropriate.
- Utilize and perform appropriate and approved therapeutic restraint techniques with clients, only if deemed necessary.
- Maintain individual productivity and support program effectiveness by being on time and available for work as scheduled.
- Remain on shift until dismissed and/or if mandated to stay due to emergencies and/or lack of coverage.
- Relief staff are required to complete 12 hours of professional development each calendar year.
- Responsible for supervising the youth placed in your care.
- Maintain a safe and clean facility, assisting with custodial duties as assigned such as vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of dishes and counter, laundry and other related program cleaning.
- Participate in the preparation of meals and snacks for residents, which may include cooking and serving as directed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent; Associates degree preferred.
- 1-2 year of experience working with children in a residential program preferred.
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified.
- Current valid driver’s license preferred.
- Must possess the skills for effective use of the English language to read, write, and speak (i.e. to express ideas, state facts, and provide information in person/reports/correspondence); bilingual preferred.
- Proficient with computers, phones and copiers.
- Proficient with e-mail, internet savvy, Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 75 lbs.
- Exposure to activities with clients which could cause risk of injury, discomfort or potential harm.
- Requires considerable physical agility to be able to perform restraints.
- May require lifting or moving a body weight of an adolescent or child during restraint.
- May require brief periods of sitting during driving/transportation of clients to appointments, activities, and/or meetings.
Lifting under 40lbs
Lifting over 40lbs
Working inside and outside
Ability to deal with stressful situations
Ability to deal with trauma, grief, death
Ability to deal with public contact
Work with Others
Comprehend and follow instructions
Relate to others
Perform complex or varied tasks
I have reviewed and fully understand the responsibilities, expectations, qualifications and physical requirements of this job description.
Employee Print Name: _____________________________
Employee Signature: ______________________________ Date Signed: ________________
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Constant cleaning and sanitizing, masks required, biweekly Covid testing, daily screenings
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNA (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply