An Orhopaedic Surgeon’s office with multiple locations is seeking a self-motivated, experienced Medical Assistant with excellent ability to take initiative, multitasking, and experience in Orthopaedics. Incredible opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary office, and a dynamic, team oriented staff.
This position requires organization, teamwork, and the flexibility to work at multiple locations. The ideal candidate is a quick learned, takes direction well, takes initiative and works well in a team setting.
- Obtain imaging reports, diagnostics, surgical photos, operative reports, etc.
- Patient & doctor correspondence via phone and e-mail.
- Assist with procedures; injections, suture removal, wound dressing, etc.
- Follow up with post-operative patients, coordinate care with surgeon.
- Maintain accurate inventory of medical supplies, as well assess the benefits of new product lines.
- Assist patients to put on and remove devices, such as braces, splints, and slings.
- Train patients to use orthopaedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices
- Manage prescriptions and refills.
- Attending technician in-services and departmental staff meetings.
- Utilizing “downtime” with tasks such as updating home exercise programs, assisting front desk, tracking patient attendance, calling patients to verify future attendance or care plan status, or any other tasks set forth by the office manager.
- Communicating with other departments, such as billing, physical therapy, workers’ compensation, and front desk.
- Facilitate the completion of work status notes, disability forms, insurance forms etc.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
- Documents all notes and patient care information using EMR system.
- Answer all general questions from patients with a high degree of customer service.
- Experience with all insurances: HMO, PPO, Commercial, Work Comp, and Third Party Liability carriers a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS: High School diploma or equivalent.
- AT LEAST 1 YEAR+ ORTHOPAEDIC EXPERIENCE
THE CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have strong background in orthopaedics.
- Have experience with EMR and computers
- Be comfortable taking initiative and responsibility.
- Be able to communicate effectively; must present in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
- Be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between offices.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Typing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Click Here To Apply