**MUST HAVE ACTUAL HANDS-ON VERIFIABLE HR GENERALIST EXPERIENCE. APPLICANTS WITH NO HR GENERALIST EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
At Nature’s Medicines, we are in the business of improving people’s lives. We bring our purpose to life by creating life-enhancing experience in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence, and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. As a team that connects, enlightens, and empowers, Nature’s Medicines is looking for people who are inspired by our vision and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you too would like to improve people’s lives, we’d like to learn more about you.
WHY NATURE’S MEDICINES:
The Nature’s Medicines team is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Nature’s Medicines is a great place to be:
- Competitive pay
- Attractive insurance benefits and options
- Paid time off
- Professional development and workplace happiness initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Nature’s Medicines success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for a wide variety of Human Resources administrative and strategic functions as well as assisting with recruiting as needed. This position will execute all Human Resources best practices along policies under the direction of the Director of People & Culture and the Devi Grow General Manager. This position will be located 100% on-site at the Michigan cultivation facility and will provide field support the larger region. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, recruitment, policy interpretation and administration, employee relations, training, compensation, leave administration, record-keeping and other duties as necessary to ensure maximum effectiveness of the Human Resources function. This position will liaise with the corporate Talent Acquisition Manager at the inception and have a heavy focus on assisting with recruitment needs. This position will also be responsible for providing coaching and counseling and support to management and supervisors in the areas of employee relations, performance management, training, and policy interpretation. Facilitates timely resolution of employee relations issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between employee and management advocacy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
- Collaborates regularly with the HR support teams and cross functional departments to define and improve the full employee lifecycle and experience.
- Participate in the development of department goals and objectives and execute plans to meet these goals. Advise supervisors and managers on application of Company policies to ensure consistency and accurate policy interpretation interdepartmentally.
- Investigate and resolve employee complaints timely using informed decision-making skills. Escalate more significant issues to the People & Culture Director for resolution.
- Exercises judgment and assumes responsibilities for decisions, consequences and results having an impact on people, costs and/or quality of service.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team and the HR Business Partner team in coordination of attracting, finding, acquiring, assessing, and hiring candidates to meet labor, grant, and state/federal requirements.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, auditing and entering data.
- Promote a positive work environment assuming the position of intermediary / mediator, by ensuring that all notifications between employees and leads is being rendered in a respectful, patient and friendly manner.
- Maintain and administer all HR reports and records as required by state and federal laws.
- Provide language interpretation (i.e. open enrollment season, employee claims, etc.)
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains Employee Handbook on policies and procedures.
- Develop standardized templates for routine announcements and events such as: monthly employee birthday reports, employee of the month, and birthday celebrations.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel job descriptions, policies and procedures; prepares and maintains Employee Handbook on policies and procedures.
- Performs benefits administration to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, etc.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel.
- Use job search engines such as Linkedin, Zip Recruiter, etc. to source potential candidates per guidance from the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Collaborate with Corporate HR team for all onboarding processes and assist new hires with completing onboarding checklists and forms.
- Create, coordinate and conduct regular cadence employee orientation to assist new hires in understanding the organizations mission, structure, culture, benefits, policies and expectations.
- Manage and update personnel files (active and inactive employees) including benefit changes/updates and employee profiles when needed.
- Compute, post, and maintain reports related to FMLA, employee leave and absentees.
- Administering and recordkeeping of employee corrective actions.
- Maintain and administer recordkeeping of I-9 documents, all HR reports and HR records as required by state and federal laws.
- Maintain an open-door policy, serve as primary source of contact to managers, employees, arbitrators, and legal counsel on all human resource related matters.
- Point of contact for internal/external audits.
- Conduct exit interviews and unemployment compensation hearings.
- Assists in development and administration of resources and programs to build and maintain culture.
- Provide front line support for employee requests, questions and concerns delegating accordingly to the team.
- Maintains the departments Human Resources files to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and retention schedule.
- Assess, develop, conduct, and evaluate technical training programs.
- Auditing and reporting HRIS and other HR platforms on regular cadence.
- Conducts surveys and supports analysis of HR related programs.
- Participates within and contributes to cross-functional projects.
- Utilize and update HRIS and other HR platforms with employment changes to support with recognition administration, performance tracking, safety tracking, and discipline administration.
- Collaborate in with safety team on training documents and emergency rosters.
- Coordinate training/development and culture/team building activities.
- Prepare routine and non-routine special reports including gathering/summarizing data and analysis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by direct supervisor, General Manager or on-site leadership team.
- 3+ years of experience as a HR Generalist focusing on the full employee lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field (preferred).
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws to include FLSA, EEOC, OSHA, FMLA, COBRA
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- · Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, or related software.
- A high level of internal and external customer service.
- Willingness to travel when necessary, to work extended hours when required to fulfill company growth requirements, and to be flexible with schedule and availability.
- Personal and professional attributes that exhibit a “whatever it takes” and “find a way” attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media.
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to those who are managed in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they are completed effectively the first time.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization as it relates to HR.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage high-stress situations and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Proper employment documentation and authorization to work in the US.
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Ability to undergo a comprehensive background check necessary to obtain cannabis certification required on a state-by-state basis.
*The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by management. Nature’s Medicines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- HR Generalist: 3 years (Required)
- Employee Relations: 2 years (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply