*** Part of Temporary Staff Unit ***
Must be available Monday to Friday.
Responsible for maintaining, controlling and producing files or medical records when requested by authorized employees. Services internal and external customers by furnishing or obtaining information, reports, medical records, following-up on inquiries, coordinating work-related activities and responding verbally or in writing to general inquiries. Ensures that all charts are processed for scheduled appointments and other authorized requests.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate our company’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Uses, protects, and discloses our patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a Assistant, Office
- Coordinates the work of team members and monitors the department staff to ensure activities function smoothly.
- Files, maintains, retrieves and photocopies department information utilizing the sign-out system, including informational requests and medical records.
- Ensures timely accomplishment of daily assigned workloads.
- Answers phones and takes messages as required and logs calls.
- Opens incoming mail on a daily basis.
- Prepares purged documents for storage.
- Works closely with the department staff to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
COVID-19 Work Location Requirement: You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using an Optum-approved symptom screener. When in an Optum building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Minimum: High school diploma, G.E.D or equivalent.
- Preferred: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum: Up to and including 1 year of experience
- Preferred: Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience in the medical field.
- Previous experience in Human Resources is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accurate data entry
- Able to thrive in fast pace work environment and meet tight deadlines
- Computer literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Aptitude for clerical work especially alpha and numeric filing.
- Good phone skills.
- Basic writing skills to draft memos, letters, and reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with staff, providers and the public.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Click Here To Apply