Critical Care Paramedic AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: Orlando , Fl 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time 3 12’s Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Helps in completing medication, supplies and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Completes and submits logs as per department protocol. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness. Completes QA of charts for patient safety and improved outcomes.
- Utilizes working knowledge of the service areas and take the most direct route to reach a destination. Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
- Documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols’ and AH policy. Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Works as a team member with the RN, able to effectively communicate, assessments and responses during transport. Provides a complete verbal and written document for hand off of care and patient safety.
- Follows department SOPs (standard operating procedures), treatment protocols’ and use of available resources.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One year of Advanced Life Support transport experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Associate of Science (AS) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in health-related field.
- Five years of Advanced Life Support transport experience.
- Three years of critical care transport experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Valid Paramedic license with State of Florida, Department of Health
- Critical Care Paramedic certification (CCEMT-P, CICP, UF CCP, Vanderbilt CCP, Creighton University CCP, FP-C, CCP-C, or TCC CCT for EMS).
- Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) or Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
- Valid Class E Florida Driver’s License, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and driving record in accordance with AH policy.
- Basic life support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
- Advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification (NRP)
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Instructor status of ACLS or PALS
The Critical Care Paramedic is a professional team member that provides direct and indirect patient care. The Critical Care Paramedic provides basic, advanced and critical care life support for all ages, utilizing protocols and on line medical control. Working as a team member the critical care paramedic assesses and provides patient care as per department protocols. The Critical Care Paramedic delivers patient care in conjunction with the Registered Nurse (RN). Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Click Here To Apply