Our company is growing and we are looking for several caring, skilled, and organized certified medical assistants to join our healthcare team. You will perform a combination of various administrative and clinical tasks. Administrative responsibilities include greeting patients as they arrive, answering telephones, scheduling referrals to various specialists, and updating and filing patients’ electronic medical records. Clinical responsibilities include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the healthcare provider during examinations.
Other duties include maintaining medical supply inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating properly.
Medical Assistant Job Duties:
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by obtaining and recording vital signs and patient history summary.
- Give injections (IM; Sub-Cutaneous; Intradermal)
- Conduct lab testing and follow up with results
- Perform Phlebotomy
- Perform EKG
- Educate patients and their families on health conditions, treatment, and medications
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records and keeping patient information confidential.
- Assist in procedures and examinations
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Prepare rooms and ensure supplies are ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keep medical equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
Medical Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- HIPAA trained/certified
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Strong patient service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient typing skills
- Familiar with Supply Management and Infection Control
- Team Player
- Compassionate and caring
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Paid time off
- Urgent Care
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMR Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Assistant Certification (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply